Chapter 8

Dew's point of view

^^^Dew (18)^^^

It was well over midnight when I heard knocking. All the kids were in bed. Grandma was talking on the phone with person after person. Asking them for favors, so I went to see who was at the door. I looked through the peephole and saw Red stumbling on the porch. I opened the door and pulled her inside. She stumbled a bit before she regained her balance.

"What the hell, Dew." She cursed under her breath as I pulled her to the kitchen where grandma was still talking on the phone to someone.

"Grandma, Red's back. I'm going to put her to bed since she's pretty drunk."

"No I'm not. I'm fine Dew." She said as she played with my hair. "What happened anyway? You said my sister's were in trouble. What kinda trouble?" She slurred as she rocked from side to side barely staying on her feet, probably only staying up from the hold I had on her.

"It doesn't matter right now. So just get up to bed and we'll talk in the morning, okay?" Then she went back to her phone call. "Wait, Dew. Take this with her." She dug in a few cabinets then soon threw me a bucket. I nodded my head as I dragged Red up to her room where I placed the bucket next to her.

"Get some sleep, Red." I moved her hair out of her face as I said this then turned to leave, but she grabbed my arm before I could get to far.

"Wait. What happened? Tell me, please." She begged as I turned to face her.

I wasn't going to tell her but her puppy dog eyes got the better of me. "Uh, well. Bay is in an aquarium at the zoo and we don't even know where Sailor is, all we know is that someone took her. We thought you were taken as well when you didn't answer our calls. Where were you anyway? Why couldn't you have answered one of the calls we sent you?"

"I was busy."

"Yeah, I see that. You were too busy getting drunk. Probably banged a guy as well. You know you're not the only one that's hurt from mom's death. You don't need to deal with the pain by yourself."

"Yeah, I know. I'll keep that in mind next time."

I didn't say anything else because we had done this whole thing before but she still didn't come to us. So instead I said. "Get some sleep." Getting up I turned and left the room closing the door behind me.

//////////////////////////////

(side note)

Can we just notice that this is the first book were I stopped publishing at chapter 7 since I usually lose my train of thought by then and/or lose interest in the book.