Chapter 17

Lucas's point of view

^^^Lucas's kids: Thomas-Taylor (red), Ricky-Sofia (green), Patrick-Beth (black), Charles-Ashley (blonde), Oscar-Penny (purple)^^^

I awoke to a hand on my chest. I pulled the girl's hand away from me. Looking down I saw it was River. I knew her before all of this, not personally but I knew of her. People say she's great in bed and a complete party animal. I signed as I realized that I might have found a way to get my little sister, Chloe, out of that awful science lab. If these people couldn't help, I could always ask them to switch my sister for all of the people in this house. I knew there was a lot since I could hear a few screaming babies, a sound I was used too by now since I had a baby of my own but thankfully the mothers took care of them during weekends, they probably know of all the parties I threw during weekends considering that's where I meet all the future mothers. Everyone of my children were boys, thankfully. I would really screw up a baby girl. Their all five, which the mothers weren't happy about since that meant I was cheating on all of them. I don't know why they were so surprised and hurt from that knowledge since I was a well known player.

I stopped thinking of my children when my stomach growled at me. I climbed out of the bed. I grabbed my shirt and began to pull it over my head as I walked out the door just to run into a little girl about six with red hair and big green eyes. I smiled down at her as I passed by her to grab some grub. I followed my nose as it lead me to the kitchen where I saw another girl about the age of ten cooking in a little apron. Her beanie, that was covering her black hair was slowly falling into her eyes disrupting her sight of the pancakes she was making. How she hadn't burned down the kitchen yet was a mystery to me. I watched as another girl giggled a baby in one arm while trying to get her to eat the bottle in front of her mouth.

I felt someone grab my arm twisting it in an odd angle. I hissed in pain and surprise. I turned to see a girl I knew from my classes. Dew, I think her name was. She was a senior when I knew her, but she long since graduated. I was in the older classes since I was so smart. Earning hateful glares every time I answer a question correctly.

"What are you doing in here? How did you get in here?" She hissed in my ear.

"I'm getting breakfast." I said with a cocky smile towards the girl with the beanie on making her blush a bright red. I felt Dew tighten her hold on my arm making me wince at the added pain from the action. "Is there something wrong, Dew?" I asked facing her as best I could with an innocent look. I winked at the girl holding the baby, trying to get a reaction from her. I didn't but I could say at least I tried. The girl looked pretty bored at the sight in front of her, like this happened on a daily basis.

"I will not ask you again." She said putting even more pressure on my arm to where I thought it would snap.

"Wait!" I heard Red shout from the stairs. I felt Dew turn to her sister waiting for her explanation. "I brought him here."

She was going to say more but everyone started shouting at once. I didn't catch anything but a few "why's?". "His sister is locked up where grandma and Sailor are. He knows where they are. That's why I brought him here. And no he didn't trick me. He's one of us, you can smell it on him, if you'd check." I felt Dew start sniffing my hair.

"He's not a mermaid. He's something else." She sounded very suspicious of this fact. She spun me around out of nowhere once she had dropped my arm. "What are you?" She squinted her eyes at me, trying to decide if I was dangerous to her family. I knew the look. It was the look I got from fathers and one I sent out to people in my home.

"Siren." I stated before another uproar began.

Dew shushed all the girls that were shouting at the top of their lungs while some guys stood near walls. "How many children have you had?" It was common knowledge that ever siren tries to have as many children as they could before they died since the siren population was so low from hunting them for so many years.

"Five. All boys." I smiled proudly at myself, trying not to direct the smile to any person so I directed it to the floor. I looked up to see dew thinking hard about something.

"You should collect all of them if you want to stay here. Their be safer here than where they are since they are more than likely being watched by humans. And the humans want all the mermaids they can get for science and zoos. If you want to keep them safe I'd bring them here." She said before walking away leaving me staring after her.

I had thought the same thing but I didn't want to just take them from their mothers. I should've listened to mother about killing the mate after if they are not of your kind. I guess I can come up with ideas on how to become all their legal guardians but for now those pancakes are calling my name. I picked up a plate of food before chowing down on all the food.