Chapter 43

Bay's point of view

^^^Scarlet and Luna (16)^^^

We have been at it for almost two hours. Scuba divers were taking our rocks an hour or so ago, but we started to attack them making them stay out of our way. The aquarium exhibit was closed because of us. There were guards waiting for us outside the cage as well as veterans in case we hurt ourselves. I don't know what they were planning for when we final left the cage but it couldn't be good.

I watched as we finally made a crack making some water squirt out at the people below waiting for us. They scrambled back a few feet, not wanting to get wet. Once I had seen that crack we stopped. I swam back a few feet before slamming myself at the glass at full force. It took a few tries before we finally dropped out of the cage into the cold air.

I breathed in deeply taking in the air I missed dearly. Soon after I feel the others did, taking deep breaths as well. Chloe began to cry. I looked at her seeing if she was hurt anywhere, but it seemed they were happy tears. Aiden on the other hand had a little blood.

"Hurry up and get them! We don't know how long they can breath out of water for!" Someone shouted behind us. I turned to see people starting to come at us as quickly as the could with the floor being wet and slippery. One picked up Aiden with ease since the blood loss was slowly making him lose consciousness.

I tripped someone with my tail when the came to close, intending to pick me up. I dragged myself over the glass making my pink tail become covered with some blood.

"No! Stop! Lillian, stop!" Someone began to shout. That same person came up behind me, grabbing me to where I couldn't move.

"Let me go!" I shouted at her. She did, but when I turned to look at her it was in surprise. Guess they thought we couldn't speak their language.

"How did you learn to talk?" She asked in wonder. Yep, my guess was right.

"I was born here on land. Merlanguage is just my second language I learned later in life."

"Lillian, I didn't know. Lillian, we can continue this conversation later when you won't die from not being able to breath." She then tried to pick me up again.

"My name is not Lillian! And I can breath just fine!" I shouted at her making her stop. "My name is Bay. Bay Black. I was born here, on land. And I was raised here. I have twenty two sisters that I want to go home too. So if you'd please leave us alone. We'd like to go back to our families." I said with tears in my eyes that streamed down my face slowly.

"Bay." She said testing my name. "We weren't told anything about you, or your people. We just assumed." She said as she wiped my hair out of my face.

"Don't assume things. The people that sold you to me, kidnapped me first. ANd more than likely kidnapped my family or part of it." I then continued to drag myself over the glass to a part of the floor the water didn't reach, ignoring the calls for me to stop, that I was hurting myself. Like I didn't know. I mean there is blood all over my tail. You can't even tell my tail is pink, looks more red than anything.

I sat there waiting for the stinging to stop. I looked around noticing Aiden was gone, probably to the doctors. Rose was following my lead in dragging herself over to where I was with blood making her once blue tail purple. Chloe was still sitting where she was, not wanting to get hurt. She was ten after all, what ten year old would?

"Give us back Aiden." I stated simply as my tail turned to legs. One of the scientist's men looked at her as she nodded, telling him it was okay for him to bring back Aiden from whatever tub the placed him in.

"I want information." She stated simply as she draped her jacket over my naked body.

"What do you want to know?" I asked quietly since I was tired from all this activity as well as blood loss.

"How old are you?" She asked as she squatted in front of me.

"Twelve almost thirteen. Just depends on the date." I said as I thought of how long I was in there, wondering if I missed my own birthday.

"It's November 17th."

"Wow. My birthday is two days from now. I'm not even gonna be able to spend it with Brook. That's new." I said as I thought of Brook and what she was doing. I wonder what she plans on doing on our birthday?

"Who's Brook?"

"My twin sister. She found me here on a field trip and went to get our grandmother." I said as I wrapped the jacket over me and zipped it up. "Could you get Chloe?" I asked as I watched Chloe just sitting there on the glass and water. A man walked over to Chloe who was waiting for help. He picked her up in his arms placing her next to me as Aiden came back here with stitches in his tail and a big part of his side.

"What about them? How old are they? What's their names? What about their families? We had made up stories for you since we didn't know much if anything about you or your kind." She said with wonder in her eyes.

"Aiden is thirteen. Chloe is the youngest at ten. While Rose is fourteen. I don't know about their family other than that the have other brothers and sisters, who have kids of their own."

"Well kids. Do you want to tell us about your family?" She asked addressing the question to the others. They looked at each other before Rose began speaking to her.

"We all have different dads since we're sirens. We can have one mate, but our mom couldn't because she doesn't do well with commitment." She added the end before the scientist could interject with a question, obviously answering it when she closed her mouth. "As soon as Addison was sixteen she was on her own. Every Time mom has a kid she dumps it on us to deal with, but thankfully it hasn't happened in awhile. Addison has three girls. She's nineteen now. Lucy is eighteen with two kids and acts like mom. She just dumps them on Addison to raise. Lucas is seventeen with five boys with different mothers. He has the mothers raise them since he doesn't want the responsibility. Chris is fifteen with three girls." She said as we all stood up since all of us were in our human forms now.

The scientist had a confused look on her face as we all stood up at the same time. Especially when we hadn't said a word to each other. I punch her in the face, knowing it would knock her out from so many fights I had with others, I learn a few things plus self defence classes my parents made all of us go too. As soon as my fist connected with her face we began to run. We ran out of the building quickly finding a car with the other people hot on our tails. Aiden then began to hotwire the car we sat in. We hit the gas before the others could even open the door.

We zoomed out of the zoo's parking lot. Driving to my house as I gave Aiden directions. In hopes of my family still there.