Chapter 18: The Winter Festival (Part 2)

A cold breeze caused (Y/N) to shiver and move closer to Matthew.

Matthew blushed and (Y/N)'s words echoed in his head.

"I love you..."

"I love you..."

"I love you..."

"Hey, guys," Alfred called as he approached the two. He noticed how close they were sitting together.

"Cold?" He questioned, and (Y/N) nodded in response.

Alfred plopped down right next to her and got close. (Y/N) felt their warmth as they sat beside her. It was nice... They sat there for a while... in silence.. but it was not an awkward silence... it was a sort of... blissful silence.

After a while (Y/N) stood and stretched. She turned back to the brothers and asked cheerfully, "Anything else you would like to do?"

Alfred looked over to Matthew with a sort of questioning look. Matthew read the look as "I picked the last one, now it's your turn." Matthew thought for a moment. "Eh, actually, I have a suggestion, b-but if you don't want to we don't have to."

"If you want to, I'll try it," (Y/M) said with a smile, "What is it?"

~~~Timeskip~~~

"Bro? Are you sure this is the best idea?" Alfred asked as he struggled to keep balance.

"(Y/N) agreed to it, so..." Matthew said as he stood perfectly upright.

"I-It's fine," (Y/N) said as diligently stepped onto the ice, almost slipping in the process, "I-I've always wanted to try ice skating." She slipped and almost landed on her face. "I-I just didn't know it would be this difficult"

Matthew skated over to her with ease and offered his hand. She accepted it with a smile and shakily was helped onto her feet. "D-do you want me to teach you, eh?" he asked. (Y/N) nodded.

Matthew held (Y/N) by the waist to help her keep her balance, and pushed her around the ice to help her get the feel of skating. Alfred was upset, he wanted to teach (Y/N) to skate too but...

"Agh!" he exclaimed as he felt for the tenth time in five minutes. "Alfred, do you want me to help you too?" Alfred, with his stubborn personality, said, "No, I got this," and continued to stand, skate a few feet, then fall back down again.

(Y/N), being the quick learner she was, no longer needed Matthew to hold her waist for balance, but she still held his hand for support. "I-I think I'm setting the hang of it..." She let go him Matthew's hand and stopped. She waved her arms to gain balance, then stood perfectly still. She began moving her feet and within seconds, was skating laps around the rink, laughing as she did so. Matthew chuckled and then began skating beside her.

"This is fun!" she exclaimed. She then noticed Alfred sitting on the ice watching them. He seemed upset.

(Y/N) grabbed Matthew's hand and led him the the center of the rink, where Alfred had fallen. She extended her hand to him and smiled. Alfred just looked at it for a moment. He felt if he asked others for help, or even accepted help from others who offered it, it would be a sign of weakness.