I Can Do This, Right?

I woke up in my own bed. A massive headache pounding on the walls of my head. I sat up. Since no one was here I decided to cry.
It was better than mom and dad, right? If I can even call them that after what they did to me. They wipped me. They shocked me. They hit me. They drowned me. They...they...they were so bad I had to cut myself and pretend nothing was wrong. Nothing bad was happening. A knock startled me.

"Y-yeah?" I  tried to sound normal. 'Nothing is wrong. Nothing is WRONG!'  "H-hey. You okay?"  They voice sounded like a male. "Yeah. I'm fine. You can come in." There stood Agent Florida. My face was covered in bruises and scars from the fight. My face was red but I quickly wiped tears away. "H-Hi..." You muttered. He was a pretty good guy and made sure people were okay.

"I saw what happened, I know you're lying because I heard crying. Tell me what's wrong." Florida crossed his arms and sat on my bed. "...It's not like a wanted this. I just needed to get away." I sighed before flopping back down onto my pillow.

"You can't quit." Florida stated simply.

That sentence shot through me like a bullet through a flock of doves. 'What about home?! What if I need to get home to my family?!' I started to mentally panic. No, no, no. This can't be right. I need to be able to go home. "Why?" He sounded more intense this time. "We're in SPACE." He growled. "Anyway. You're fine now so I better get going." Florida got up and pulled on his helmet then left.

I began to cry again. It was the only thing I could do without my body hurting. I sobbed and hiccuped and cried untill no more tears came out of my e/c eyes. I looked at the ceiling and began to drift off into a deep and dark slumber.