Chapter 17 Well That Went Better Than Expected

Jack pov

I really didn't want to leave Lily but I had to find away to tell my father. When I made my way back into the village I was greeted by Gretta and I was about to yell at her to leave until I saw my father standing there as well.

"Jack, we need to talk." Was all he said before he turned away.

He led me to his big chief tent and stood with authority before speaking.

"Jack Gretta has informed me that you have been leaving the village in secret to meet with a girl."

I looked over at that little snitch and glared at her.

"Jack, Gretta is not the one you should be mad at after all you not only met with a non islander but you also directly disobeyed me."

I winced at his words

"And to think my own son who I raised on my own would betray me." He shook his head in disgrace

"However, it's because I raised you that I know you must have a reason of why you did not tell me."

I looked at him in shock for a second that he would let me explain myself,

"Well father I do have a reason. I saw her when I was doing my usual sweep of the island, and, at first I was going to tell you but she was different than the others."

My father tilted his head a little as if to say 'different how?'

"Most people come here with an intention of capturing the island's power, but Lily, Lily just wanted to survive. She never even knew about the prophecy until the Dark Moon Tribe seeked her out."

"Wait the Dark Moon tribe hunted her?" He interrupted

I nodded

"Yes that is why I've been protecting her, do you understand now why I brought her here?"

My father nodded,

"Yes, yes Jack I do, but you will understand if I ask to meet this girl that you gave your heart to."

I looked at him in confusion because i never told him I loved Lily

"Oh please Jack, I am your father after all I know when you are in love because I have been In love once too."

He smiled,

"Let her sleep in the village she will be safer here anyways."

I nodded and left with the intent of bringing back Lily.