Chapter 34

*May 21st*

Hair: loosely curled.

Make-Up: little on the fancier side.

Clothes: nice simple dress.

Jewelry: black bracelets and earrings.

Shoes: flats so I won't risk tripping in front of a ton of people.

Nails: nude paint.

Phone: all charged up for pictures.

Speech: finished and printed.

Mom: already cried three times today.

Time to go. Graduation, here I come.

*Nash's P.O.V*

"Ladies and gentlemen, you may have noticed that the captain has turned on the fasten seatbelt sign, if you please would do so, that would be greatly appreciated due to a bit of weather and turbulence in our path to Los Angeles."

"What time is it, California time?" Cameron asked.

I looked down at my watch and counted back, "12:04"

"Oh my god lets go!!!" Cameron said practically pulling his hair out of his head. "I'm not missing my baby sister's graduation."

"She would kill us," I said.

"Why did we agree to do the show?" He asked.

"Bro, it was Good Morning America, and they didn't know what to do since Carter backed out on them last minute."

"I know why, you didn't have to tell me," he said glaring at me.

"You asked," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"I'm not in the mood Grier."

"We have two hours until it starts, and only forty minutes left on the flight," I said, "trust me, we'll make it."

"We have forty minutes until we land, plus fifteen of getting off, then twenty more waiting for our luggage."

"That leaves us with forty five minutes left to get there."

"I'm not done," he said putting his finger up."

"Sorry," I mumble.

"We have to get a taxi which will take ten minutes getting us out the doors and finding one, then drive thirty minutes to the school, including traffic."

"Which leaves us five minutes to get seated, we'll make it."

"Five minutes isn't enough crunch time. What if something happens? Delay in landing, lost luggage, flat tire, the list goes on and on."

"We'll forget about the luggage, trust me, we're rich enough to replace it. If there's a delay, then we can still just leave the luggage here, I have two shirts, two pants, and one pair of shoes in there, I don't care that much about it. And if there's a flat tire in the taxi, we'll hitchhike if that's what's going to get us there."

"Okay," he said still with a worried and angry look on his face.

*Rae's P.O.V*
*10 Minutes before the walk*

Our class is gathered in the choir room, all adjusting our caps and gowns. We have been taking non stop pictures with each other.

I handed my speech to my principal when I got to the school, he took it to the podium so it's already up there for when I give it. No, I was not top of the class, I was third, BUT we vote for our valedictorian and salutatorian, because it's fair the class chooses who they want speaking at their ceremony rather than someone who just focused on their school work and nothing else. It's not every year that the number one kid in the class just focused on school work, but this year it was. The kid was very shy. He would always talk to me, because we were in quite a few advanced classes together, but not many other people.

Salutatorian is Joey. The school prefers that one male and one female speak, so whoever was chosen for valedictorian, the opposite gender with the most votes is salutatorian.

Macy came up to me already with a tear in her eye. "Macy, be happy!"

"I am! I'm extra happy!" she said smiling, wiping the tear away.

"Good! Because if you cry, then I'll cry, and I don't want to cry."

"Okay, I'm done crying until after we are officially graduated, with diplomas in our hands and our cap hair is showing!" she said as we laughed together.

Everyone continued to take pictures, until our school secretary announced: "Time to line up! Don't forget your past, but be excited for your future."

Okay, here we go. Wait...why haven't I heard or seen Nash and Cameron?

Vote & Comment