Chapter 40

I stormed into my room and landed on my bed. I want to scream. There is so much racing through my mind right now. There was a soft knock on the door with Nash walking through and shutting it behind him.

He sat down on the bed and motioned for me to sit next to him. I did as so. "How are you feeling?"

I sighed, "I feel like I'm on the edge right now, as if I'm going to let someone down no matter what my decision is. I'm going to disappoint someone. I just want to make people proud."

"You're not going to let any of us down. We are all so proud of you." He wrapped his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

A tear fell down my cheek. "Nash, there are so many voices going through my head right now and I don't know what to do," I said as more tears started to fall down my face, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm going to let you down."

"Hey, hey, don't worr-" I didn't even let him finish his sentence.

"Please don't talk down to me right now, don't lecture me or tell me that I'm not a disappointment. I don't know what to do. I'm so tired. Will I ever get a break?" I said.

"Hey, it's okay Rae, we are going to figure this out." He hugged me as I was sobbing into his chest.

*Nash's P.O.V*   *10 Minutes Later*

I left Rae sleeping in her bed and walked into Cameron's room. He looks up with a very concerned look. "H-how is she?" he asked with a stutter.

"Sleeping." I sat down on his bed and pulled out my phone. She told me what he said. She has the right to be mad at him. I'm not too happy with him myself because of it.

"What do you think she should do?" he asked sitting in his desk chair across from me.

"I think she should do what will make her happy."

"Think about how happy she will be after this movie. It will be a hit. She will basically never have to work another day in her life if she takes it."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I said not looking away from my phone.

"She will be able to live with you forever. You guys will be able to create a family together. You will be financially set for life."

"Yeah, I guess having money is good."

"Think of how happy you both will be," he said trying to get closer to me.

I looked up at him with a glare. I stood up and walked toward his door. I stopped right before my foot was out of his room and turn to him, "Sometimes having loads of cash doesn't always mean happiness."

I stormed out of the room and nearly ran into Rae standing there listening to our entire conversation right next to the door. A tear fell from her eye. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head. "Don't worry, we are going to figure this out. I'm only concerned about your happiness. Nothing else. Money doesn't matter, just you doing what you want to do."

She took in a breath. "I'm meeting with the softball coach tomorrow. Will you come with me? I can show you the campus, and where I might be living next year."

"I'd love to."

Vote & Comment