Chapter 2: Enough!

Rachel's POV

"- Rachel! Rachel!

- Who's talking to me?

- It's me, your mother.

- MOM! Where are you? I miss you so much! It's been so many years! How are you? What goes on?

- Don't worry about me! I'm mostly worrying about you! You got to fight, Rachel! Fight!

- Mom, I don't know what you're talking about. Fight what, who, why???

- Stay focused, Rachel! Fight! Stand up for yourself! I know you're able to do it. Don't let Joe Brown make you fear others.

- Mom?

- Yes, honey?

- Why don't you call him my husband or something?

- You ask to many questions. Rachel, stand up for yourself! Don't ever forget that!

- Okay mom. When will you be coming back?

- I'm mot coming back.

- Why not?

- Because I'm dead, Rachel.

- When will I see you again?

- When it's your turn to pass the Gates.

- Okay then. I love you, mom.

- I........... lo..............ve...............you..........t............t..........t"

I jumped out of something not so soft. This wasn't my room. It was my kitchen floor. I actually stayed here all night without taking a shower, putting my pajamas, nada. A noise sounding like a dead walrus came out of my stomach. I haven't eaten a thing since the sandwich incident and Joe Brown locked me here, all night.

Joe Brown...

This name sounds familiar...

FLASHBACK

- "...... Don't let Joe Brown make you fear others......"

END OF FLASHBACK

Now I remember. Ever since I was little, when I was eight to be exact, I had strange dreams with my mom just talking about random things. It was never something serious... until today. My mom is dead. I thought she had divorced my dad. To be honest, I don't really remember my mother. I never had a physical contact with her. But that dream! It was so real-fresh, a new experience!

Dead walrus, again.

I had to go eat something before I pass out right there! I stood up, took a bowl of cereal and indulge it to the very end. I repeated this twice and added some toast on the side. When I was finish, I climb up my counter, opened up the window and fell on the grass of my backyard. It was the only way out since my dad locked me up in the damn kitchen. Fuck him.

I ran in front of my house and opened the window that led to my room. I hopped and fell on my bed.

- RACHEL!!!

Oh nooo! What Imma gonna do now?

- Yes, dad?!

- COME HERE!!

I came out of my room and looked at him in the eye. He stared back, shocked. I defeated him. I knew my way out of the kitchen without him unlocking the door for me.