Chapter 27: It's between us

Rachel's POV

Someone's knocking on my door. I know who it is and I do not wanna answer that. However, he didn't stop. I told myself that if I didn't make the first move, he was gonna still be in the same spot, knocking on my damn door.

- Dad, what do you want?! I screamed.

Davis silently opened the door with documents in his hands. Oh, boy, this might take a while...

- I understand why you're mad at me but, Rachel, for once, I would like to have five minutes of your time.

- What dad... I said rolling my eyes.

- One of my old friends wants to talk to me.

- And why are you telling me this?

- Because that friend has a link with mom's passing.

My heart immediately started to beat faster. I'm a little bit of anxious and excited all in one. That's the first step of my investigation. I just hope this isn't gonna make me fall of my seat.

- When?

- Tonight, at seven.

- You're gonna go, right?

- Yes... with you, he said smiling.

I wanted to hide my emotions but my bright smile was stronger than me. I couldn't help it. I was smiling from ear to ear at dad.

- Listen, I'm very sorry for what happened in the meeting room that time. Excuse my words but I acted like a real motherfucker.

I did a light chuckle. Admitting is the first step.

- I know how important your mother is to you and it's completely normal. I just don't like talking about her past because it's sad, depressing, dark. The way your mother died wasn't like any other death.

- How was her death?

- I am not the shooter and I do not know what happened that day because I wasn't there. What's important for you to know is that I want you to accept my apology.

Say something, DO something, shy Rachel!

- I'm sorry I acted like a... not correctly raised girl. It's been a while that I didn't live with my real parents so I must have forgotten how to talk to my own dad.

- It's alright, Rachel.

We hugged, for the first time! I actually felt safe and loved. I felt like if we had done this before. I went with the flow. But suddenly, so many questions were on my mind now. I wanted to know more about my mom.

- When did mom die?

- Eight years ago, when she was 26.

Damn, she was young!

- What's her origins? She's not black like you.

- How'd you know? She comes from Colombia.

Her accent is so strong. And when I saw her on the window frame, she did not share the same skin complexion as me.

- Why was she forced to marry Joe Brown?

- It was all about this deal and stuff. She had a gorgeous body and I'm not being biased because she was my wife but Je-sus! She was so damn sexy! Joe Brown decided to sale her body to... Wait a minute. How do you know that they were married?

Should I tell him?

- It's... It's nothing.

- Rachel, you're my daughter. You can tell me anything.

Aww, dad! I took a deep breath and confessed my secret.

- Don't be freaked out or anything, okay?

- I swear to God, I got ninety-nine problems but getting freaked out ain't one. 

- Okay, well uh... How can I say this? I don't know how but I'm able to communicate with my mom even if she has passed away.

- How the hell's that possible?!

I wish I could answer him. I don't even know how I do it myself. It's like she just comes or appears to me. But it doesn't bother me, though. It's actually kind of cool.

____________________________________________

I wish I was like Rachel. I would love to communicate with all of my ancestors

That'll be kinda kewl, actually. But a little freaky, thoo. Cause I'll be talkin to the D.E.A.D!

(woahhh....)

Sorry it took me soo long to post. I've been busy with school and I got sick. :(

But I'M BAAAAACCKKKK!!!!!! lol:D

Vote, comment and fan me.

- Alexiaaaa!! <33