Chapter 5: The Crippen family

Rachel's POV

"- Rachel.

- Hey mom.

- How are you sweety?

- Confused.

- Confused can mean so many things at once. Explain.

- I don't know what I'm doing, mom! Like should I trust them or not?

- Of course you can, honey!

- How the fuck do you know?

- LANGUAGE!

- Sorry, sorry...

- You're in the Crippen family. They are nice people but have a lot of family problems.

- Like everybody else.

- True. Did you sleep well?

- Not really.

- Why not?

- I don't feel comfortable. Plus, I'm scared that Joe Brown's gonna come back to me for revenge.

- Rachel, you got to keep hope alive and pray.

- In my case, hope doesn't exist and God don't like me.

- RACHEL, DON'T YOU EVER SAY THAT!

- It's the truth!

- God loves all of his Children!

- How could you be so sure?

- Because he told me.

- Mom, how does heaven look like?

- It's peaceful and wonderful.

- Um... okay?

- When it's your turn to pass the Gates, you'll understand.

- I hope it's soon. I'm tired of life.

- You shouldn't be talking like that. Live your "YOLO" life like ya'll youngsters call it.

- Okay if you say so.

- I know so.

- Mom?

- Yes?

- I love you.

- I love you too, Rachel. And always remember one thing.

- What is it?

- If my friend was a cup of honey, I wouldn't lick it all the way..."

I woke up with dripping sweat on my face. I had one of them chaotic dreams again. The sun was so bright and even to bright for my eyes to handle, in my opinion.

- Knock, knock.

Alexandra came in the room, throwing her school bag on the floor. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

- Slept well?

- Kind of.

Alexandra was tall and dark skinned. She had dark brown eyes and mid-long black hair with brown strands on the tips. Her body was curvy and well formed. Despite her beauty, it wasn't that that bothered me.

- Do you know what time it is?

She took out her iPhone from her back pocket and told me that it was 3:50 p.m.

- I slept all that time?! I said in shock.

- I guess... Aren't you hungry? Do you want me to bring you something?

- Starving, actually.

- Okay. I'll be right back!

She left the room and I just laid there on my own.

Craig's POV

Who the hell is my sister talking to? I figured that she couldn't be talking on her phone because the voice was too present. I saw her fly down the stairs and go in the kitchen.

- Alex!

- What?!

- Who the fuck are you talking to?

She froze. That's how I knew that she was hiding something from me.

- What do you mean?

- You know exactly what I mean, I said.

- Okay, fine! But don't tell mom or dad! They'll kill me. Literally. 

- It can't be that bad.

- Well, what if I told you that another member his gonna join the Crippen family?

- I don't understand.

- Okay, lemme explain. Yesterday night, when I came back home late, I was texting mom when something made me fall on the ground. I got up and saw that it was a body.

- A dead body?!

- That's what I thought until it started to move and stuff. I got so scared so I shouted and screamed at it.

- And then what?

- Well the body was crying and was praying for me to not call the police and shit or hurt her and I figured that maybe the body is really innocent so I decided to bring it back home.

That's the weirdest story I've ever heard. 

- Well, you do know that mom and dad are gonna end up finding out, right?

- Ya, I know. I just hope they're not gonna freak out. She's a really nice girl, by the way.

- Hol' up. She's a girl? I said now, excited.

- Yup! If you wanna talk to her, she's in my bedroom. I'm gonna go get her something to eat.

As soon as she was done talking, I flew up the stairs and went in Alexandra's room. I didn't knock, that's how excited I was...

Until I saw her face. 

She was combing her hair and humming a song, besides the mirror, like a freaking mermaid. She didn't realize that I was standing there but as soon as she turned around, she froze in complete shock. She blushed and smiled, shyly.

That smile... I'll see it everywhere!

- Hi, I'm Rachel. Rachel Owens. Your sister is the one that brought me here, if your wondering-

- I know the damn story.

Rachel immediately closed her mouth and placed her hands in between her thighs.

- It's a lovely place over here, she said with her smile.

I don't know why and how but it happened. I grew angry towards her. I didn't want her here, suddenly. I wanted her out and I wanted her to never come back. Never ever again.

- Listen, this ain't yo' fucking house! You're not a Crippen and you'll never be one. So quit your act 'cause you look like a mermaid with this shit! You better be looking for another damn house to stay in 'cause you're not welcomed HERE.

Her face grew pale. Ignoring her presence, I got out and slammed the door.

Shit just got real...

__________________________

Damn, Craig. 

Why do you think he was that rude with Rachel?

How do you think Rachel feels like, right now?

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan me!

- Alexia <3