Chapter 26: "Why Satan?"

Hi everyone.

This is much later than I wanted to post but I was man-down with gastric flu for a while (seriously, I thought I was going to die) and I also had writer's block because I couldn't figure out how to get where I wanted this chapter to end.

I'm still not entirely happy but I didn't want to make those of you who stayed with me wait any longer

I hope you like it.

Okay, here is Chapter 26, enjoy!

___

Alisa

"This is not going to work, it won't fit." I mumbled from my changing room and I heard Lexi sigh.

"Stop being dramatic, it'll be fine."

"Lex, my leg is the size of the moon right now, no pun intended. There is no way that this is going to work. I give up!" I stared longingly at the ripped black skinny jeans I had been holding while trying to figure out a way to wear them.

Just as I was about to open the curtain door of my changing room Lexi barged in and turned to face me where I was sitting on changing room bench.

"Before you say anything," I held up my palm to stop her from speaking, "there is nothing you can do. This thing has to stay on my leg for another 6 weeks and as much as I'm enjoying being out and not being held hostage in my own apartment on bed rest like I was for the last 3 weeks because Liam just HAD to take everything the Doctor said so seriously, I highly doubt he will let us go clubbing just because he let me out to come shopping." I finished my rant with my arms crossed and pouted because as much as I love my brother, he was being a serious pain -pun intended- in my ass these past 3 weeks.

I wasn't allowed to do pretty much anything besides get up to go to the bathroom and to shower and even then he made sure Lexi was home so she could help me when I was done. I couldn't go make myself food or tea or even walk to the living room to watch TV there. If I wanted or needed anything I had to let Liam, one of the boys or Lexi get it for me, and while it was fun for the first couple days, after a week it was tiring and after another 2 weeks you can bet that I honestly contemplated their murders a couple times.

There is a line between helpful and overbearing and Liam had crossed that line ages ago and was well into the parental zone bordering on obsessive.

I get that he's worried and wants me to be okay, but I was so close to losing it with him that when Lexi finally convinced him to let me out of the house on this shopping trip I was so happy I could've kissed her, but I didn't because EW. That and we had to agree to chaperones ie: Louis and Harry waiting by the entrance of the changing rooms looking as bored as anyone could get.

Seriously, I think they would consider watching paint dry more fun right now.

But I digress, just because my brother had been nice enough -and by that I meant Lexi begged him for almost 2 days straight- to let me come shopping, there was no way on Earth and any other alternative universes that my brother would let me go clubbing in my current state.

We had been at the mall for about an hour when Lexi had brought up the subject of clubbing to me which was just before we came to the changing rooms, when I had first laid my eyes on the ripped black skinny jeans.

I glanced at the skinny jeans that were now in Lexi's hands and sighed for the umpteenth time in the last 20 minutes, the time Lexi and I had spent trying on clothes. I had left the jeans until last, hoping to have figured out a plan to wear them by the time I had finished trying on the other stuff I picked out, but it seems the fashion gods did not want it to be.