Prologue

"Your father wants to see you" said the maid. Her master got up from his chair and walked to his father's throne.

"You wanted to see me, Father?" The raven haired boy asked.

"Yes Sebastian, sit. There is something I want to talk to you about."

Sebastian sat down on a red chair next to the throne. "As you already know, as my only legitimate son, you will have to take my place on the throne someday."

"Yes Father, I know. I will be honored to take your place once you are gone."

"I know that son, but listen, it is a big responsibility to take on as the new King of Hell. I want you to be sure that this is what you want. Contrary to popular belief I am not purely evil, that's why I want you to know that there are other options available. As you know, your mother was mortal, making you half demon, half human. What you may not know is that I once was just like you."

"You were?" asked Sebastian, intrigued about his father's past.

"Yes and my father presented me with the same option that I'm presenting you right now. You can decide to become the next King of Hell and fully embrace your demonic side, which means giving up on your humanity, or you can fully embrace your human side and begin a new life on earth leaving your old life behind and giving up your demonic side."

"I already know I want to be the next king Father." Sebastian stated. His father sighed. "Listen son, I'm going to tell you a story. I had the same reaction when my father gave me these options as well. I thought I knew what I wanted, but my father insisted I go to earth a try and living like a human for a while so I could make a better decision. For some time I hated earth and was more than ever convinced that I wanted to rule the underworld, but then I met your mother and changed my mind." His father said, pausing to clear his throat.

"I don't understand Father, if you chose life on earth how are you here now?" Sebastian asked.

"I first chose life on earth, having fallen in love with your mother, we stayed together for a couple of years, and then we had you. Your mother died in childbirth and that's when I changed my mind and made the choice of giving up my humanity, because I couldn't see a life on earth without her. So I took you, and raised you here. Now what I want you to do is, go to earth and live there for 4 human years, do everything that a human 18 year old is supposed to; only then will you make the decision on whether you want to stay on earth or rule here." His father stated.

Sebastian stood up, "Father with all due respect, I do not wish to go 4 years on earth, can't I just go a month?" His father pinched the bridge of his nose, inhaled and exhaled before answering. "No, Sebastian, you are going for 4 years, you will leave tonight. I have already made all the arrangements so you will be able to live comfortably."

"But-"

"It is not up for discussion, now go before I lose my temper."

"Yes, Father." Sebastian replied, bowing in front of his father before leaving.