Chapter 11

When Ciel had gone up to the apartment, his father asked him if Sebastian was his boyfriend, to which he said no, after that he used the opportunity to ask his father if he could stay and live with him but Vincent's response wasn't a shock to Ciel, he had spent days thinking about every possible response his father could give him but at the end of the day it all came down to the same thing. His father would say no. And he did, he told him he couldn't take care of him to which Ciel argued saying he wasn't a little kid anymore, that he didn't need someone to take care of him 24/7 but that didn't make Vincent change his mind.

To make it up to his son, Vincent took him to a coffee shop where Ciel ordered a cake, one slice to eat in place and what was left of it, to go. The rest of the weekend went on pretty quietly, he and Vincent played chess a couple of times and watched movies together, it was their thing, it had always been.

On Monday he received the results of a chemistry exam he had taken a few weeks ago, which he passed with an A+, at lunch he sat alone because Alois was called by the drama club to rehearse, after school he went back to his aunt's apartment, she wasn't there, of course she wasn't, she had to work late, she was a doctor after all.

He did his homework while talking to Sebastian at the same time. At 9 o'clock Ann came back home, she asked him if he had eaten something, he responded he didn't, that he'd waited for her. She didn't feel like cooking so she ordered some take out, they talked about her day, Ciel's day, his date with Sebastian and then about his weekend, he told her about how he had asked his dad if he could live with him and about his dad's response.

"You could stay with me, I mean, I know I've already let you stay here these few days but I'm talking about permanently moving in-"Ciel cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

"It's very kind of you Aunt Ann, but I'm afraid I have to decline you're offer, I'm going to move back home." He didn't know if his aunt had taken pity upon him because she saw how sad he was of not being able to move in with his father, a sadness that he desperately tried to hide but failed miserably, or was it because of her own loneliness? Ciel would never know, but one thing he knew was that he couldn't stay with his aunt, even though he wanted to, he desperately wanted to, but he didn't know if his back could handle sleeping on the couch much longer, and even if his aunt insisted, he couldn't, no, he would never take the bed. He also knew that he had to face his mother at some point, he had to make things right with her, after all she was still his mother and he loved her, even though she perhaps, didn't love him anymore.
____________________

Three weeks had passed quicker than Ciel would have imagined, he had made a deal with himself that he would move back home after the festival at Sebastian's collage. His relationship with Sebastian had evolved a little, he felt more at ease with the man, they went on a few dates and each time, Ciel had fun. A week had passed since their last rendez-vous and he had come to the conclusion that he liked Sebastian, he liked him in a romantic kind of way and that scared him, because there were a lot of things in a romantic relationship that Ciel wasn't able to do, at all. How could he explain to Sebastian that he can't hold his hand without his mouth going dry or that he can't kiss him without feeling nauseous...? The more he thought about it, the more it freaked him out.
Unexpectedly, his phone started ringing, forcing him to come back to reality and out of his thoughts. He sigh as he saw who was calling him.

"What is it Alois? We literally just saw each other at school." He greeted as he answered the call.

"That was 3 hours ago Ciel." The blond replied on the other side of the line

Ciel sighed once again, he wasn't in the mood to talk to Alois "Did you need something?" he asked, getting impatient.

"I think Claude doesn't love me anymore." Alois sniffed. 'Oh god, please don't cry' and then, a sob was heard and Ciel knew Alois was definitely crying.