Chapter Three

Paige's POV

  Even though it looked cool I took out the gauges and one of my lip piercings and left in one. I guess I felt a little better. I still felt empty inside, I don't know what it is? Maybe I'm missing my best friend, or maybe it's Zack. Zack was the only one who made me feel complete, the only one I........ Loved. But then he had to go cheat on me with Chloe! UGH I HATE HIM! I HATE EVERY THING ABOUT HIM! I rolled off my bed and punched the wall, I was mad!

  "OWWWWWWW!!" I yelled. I held my hand in pain and dropped to my knees. I tried to yell but nothing came out, I was in so much pain.

  "PAIGE TIME FOR SCHOOL! GET UP!" Mom yelled.

  I looked around my room to find an excuse not to go to school today.

  "PAIGE LETS GO!" Mom yelled again.

  I got up, still holding my hand, and found some clothes to wear. I ran down stairs but I stopped before I got to the bottom. I looked at my hand and gently put it into my jacket trying not to cry and continued back down the stairs. I grabbed my back pack and ran towards the door.

  "Hey you got somewhere to be? Slow down!" Mom said laughing.

  "Um, yeah I got school so see ya!"

  "Alright but come right home after school because your dance break is over."

  "Oh shit." I whispered.

  "Excuse me?"

  "Nothing bye!" I ran out the door and to the bus stop.

  "Hey Paige, can I talk to you?" I turned and saw Chloe "Whoa are you okay?"

  "Yeah I'm fine, why?" I said as my voice went high.

  "You look like you're about to cry?"

  "Nope." I sucked back the tears.

  "Alright well meet me in the bathroom at lunch, please?"

  "Fine."

  "Thank you."

  The bus pulled up and we all boarded. I sat there the whole way to school in pain. I didn't pay attention in the first three classes, I was to anxious to see what Chloe had to say. Finally the lunch bell rang and I went to my locker, then I walked into the bathroom. Chloe wasn't there yet so I decided to look at my hand. But before I was able to pull my hand out, Chloe showed up.

  "Hey."

  "What do you want?"

  "I want you to know how much I miss my best friend and how happy she was before I went and screwed things up. I know you were all sad before Zack came and when he did he made you happy. I realized that whenever you get something I always have to take it. Like when Brooke had two tickets to that dance show and she invited you but then I convinced her to give them to me instead. Or when you had a solo but Abby gave it to me instead. And like now when I.... kissed Zack."

  "Zack said he kissed you."

  "No, don't listen to him. I kissed him, he wasn't even expecting it and when it happened he left. So it wasn't his fault, it was mine. I'm so sorry but you don't have to forgive me but please forgive Zack, he makes you happy and when you're happy I'm happy."

  "I-I don't think I can take him back yet."

  "Please just think about it."

  "Thanks."

  "No problem." She hugged me, and her stomach pushed against my hand.

  "SSSSSS!" I shut my eyes tight.

  "What? What's wrong?"

  "Nothing."

  "Paige, something's wrong, please just tell me." I took my hand out of my pocket and showed it to her.

  "Oh shit Paige, what happened?"

  "Um, I don't know? I woke up to it like this."

  "Sure, there's no way you're hand is as swollen as an apple and as purple as, well the color purple!"

  "I um, I.... I PUNCHED A WALL!"

  "What? Why would you do that?"

  "I was reminding myself at what Zack did and I got mad!"

  "Wow." The lunch bell rang.

  "I gotta go bye."

  "Bye."