Chapter Eleven

Paige's POV

  We drove to the lake holding hands the whole time. Darren wouldn't stop smiling and I don't know why. We finally came to lake, once again we walked for a while to get to the spot we went to yesterday.

  "Here we are!" Darren said.

  "Yep! It's really nice out here! How did you find it, anyway?"

  "I um, I found it while I was angry. So I can trust you right?"

  "I showed you my arm didn't I?"

  "I was just making sure." He looked around before talking to me again "Anyways, my step dad has abused me all my life."

  He was trying to hold back the tears, but failed.

  "My mom would never believe me, she would always tell me to stop being so foolish. I would cry myself to sleep, my mom would come into my room and ask me what's wrong and I told her why. Every time I told her why I was crying, she would slap me and scream at me. Even when I had cuts and bruises to prove to her she would still deny it. One day, as I got older, I stood up to him and hit him back. He got so pissed at me that he threw his empty beer bottle at me. I tackled him as my mom walked in screaming at me. She thought I was the bad one. Anyways, I was so mad that I just started running and I somehow found my self here."

  "Darren, I'm so sorry!"

  "Tell me your story."

  "What story?"

  "Your story, the one that says why you ended up in that hospital, why you cut, why you did everything."

  "Well." I gulped and told him everything. Everything.

  "Looks like we both have had shitty lives."

  "Yep."

  "Paige, will you be mine forever?"

  "Yes?"

  "Do you want to be with me forever?"

  I thought about it, then smiled "Yes."

  "Why didn't you do it?"

  "Do what?"

  "Kill yourself when you had the chance. If you wanted to do it so bad then why didn't you do it?"

  "Because, well I don't know."

  "Don't you just want to end it all? End the bullies, end the hate, end the emptiness, end the useless feeling, end the pain, end.... Everything?"

  "Sometimes."

  "Then lets do it."

  "Excuse me?"

  "That was my surprise! I brought some pills or if you want to evolve some pain, which I'm going to do, I brought a knife."

  "W-what did you just say?"

  "Didn't you say you wanted to be me with forever?"

  "Yes bu-"

  "Then do it with me! We will be together forever, with no pain! We will be free!"

  "Um, I-I c-can't!" I said trying to get to my feet.

  "Paige, please!"

  "No!" I got up and tried to run, but his hand grabbed me.

  "I'll do it for you, if it makes it easier!" He picked up the knife.

  "No! LEAVE ME ALONE!"