Chapter Ten

Paige's POV

  Yesterday with Darren was amazing, it felt right kissing him. I feel like he really understands me. I grabbed my coat and walked out the door. Darren was picking me up again to take me somewhere.

  "Where would you like to go?" He asked.

  "Movies?"

  Darren signed, he looked frustrated.

  "Sure, what would you like to see?"

  "Anything, what would you like to see?"

  "Ender's Game."

  "Okay!" I flashed him a smile and he nodded. He doesn't really like to smile.

  When we got there we bought our tickets and some popcorn. During the movie he put his arm around me, I felt sparks but nothing like what I felt with Zack. Stop thinking about Zack! Think about Darren.

  "Want to go to that Christmas Parade or something?" Darren asked as we walked out of the movie theater.

  "Um, actually I have to get home. It's kind of late, sorry."

  "Oh okay, I'll drive you home."

  "Thanks."

  We drove in an awkward silence

  "Want to go to the lake tomorrow?" Darren asked as I got out of his car.

  "Um sure, pick me up at around seven?"

  "Yeah."

  I had a good night with Darren, but something inside of me was telling me not to go out with him again. Weird. I better get some sleep.

  I woke up to my alarm. I did my usual stuff in the morning. I walked to the bus and put my headphones in, this time I blasted One Direction Story Of My Life. I didn't see Zack today, weird. School went by fast, thank God. School sucks! I only have two more years, two years to long. I laughed at my own joke.

  Wow, I need to get a life.

  As I walked to my room upstairs, Brooke called me.

  "Yes?" I asked I walked into her room.

  "It's a girl."

  "Wait what?" I didn't understand at first what she was talking about.

  "She's a girl, I'm having a girl." She said pointing at her belly.

  "That's great! Can I ask you a question, though?"

  "Sure, anything."

  "Who's the dad?" I asked giving her a smirk.

  "Brandon, or Nick. I think. Don't tell them!"

  "Wait, you're not sure if it's Nick's!?!?"

  "No, and if he finds out that he will- Well you know."

  "Why did you- I mean, when did you cheat on Nick?"

  "A few months ago."

  "How is Nick taking this whole baby thing?"

  "He said he will support, but who knows if he will?""

  I shrugged that question off and left her room. I wasted the rest of the day listening to different music until about six. I decided to go out for a little walk. I put in my headphones and started walking, I just needed some time to think about things. I started humming the tune to 'Story Of My Life' I completely lost focus on everything. I don't know why but I really like that song. I started lightly singing the lyrics.

"Written in these walls are the stories that I can't explain.

  I leave my heart open but it stays right here empty for days.

  She told me in the morning she don't feel the same about us in her bones.

  It seems to me that when I die these words will be written on my stone.

  And I'll be gone, gone tonight.

  The ground beneath my feet is open wide.

  The way that I have been holding on too tight with nothing in between.

  The story of my life I take her home.

  I drive all night to keep her warm and time is frozen.

  The story of my life I give he-"

  I ran into something that made me fall over. I glance up and I see a hand, I gladly take it and get up.

  "I am so sorry! I didn't mean to r-" I gasped as I saw who ran into me "Zack?"

  "No, I'm sorry! I should have been watching where I was going! And yeah it's me."

  "What are you doing out here?"

  "I was just out for a jog, um what are you doing out here?" I looked into his eyes, he looked innocent and looking for love. I knew he wasn't innocent.

  "I was just out for a walk," I gave a little smirk "before my date." I said standing up a little taller.

  "D-date? With who?"

  "Darren."

  "Darren? Wait wha- Who's Darren?"

  "You ask to many questions!"

  "When are you leaving?"

  "In about fifteen minutes, why?"

  "Just wondering, well I um gotta get home and so do you." He said jogging passed me.

  I thought for a second, then I started back towards my house. When I got there Darren's car was already parked by my curb. He got out of the car to greet me. He walked right up to me and planted a kiss right on my lips. I was a little surprised by his upfront actions.

  "Hey!" He said with a lot of enthusiasm.

  "Hey! Why so energetic?"

  "I um just have something special planned for us tonight!"

  "Oh. Em, okay!"

  As we got into the car he grabbed my hand and put it into his. He was acting a little weird, but it's probably nothing.