Good start or bad start

All I hear is me screaming...

"Mommy please!!" The 9
year old me screamed. I was tied down to a tree, more like a stump.

"It's okay sweetie, your gonna be the reason..." My mother mumbled the rest to herself. I look behind her to see my father, he had a knife in his stomach.

"Kenz, I love you okay, I love you so much..." My dad whispered but loud enough for me to hear it.

"Daddy! Please don't I love you please don't leave me alone." I cried back to him, my voice raspy from the screaming.

Mom walked up to him holding a curved knife, and started to whispered something....

"MOMMY NO!"

"MCKENZIE!"

I woke up with a start, snaking my head against the wall. What a start to a day...

"What?" I grumbled. My wild hair was everywhere...never will control this hair, might as well enjoy it.

"Come on it's the first day of school!" My adopted mother said as she turned on the light. I hissed in respond to her action as she also pulled me out of bed.

"No, it's still the weekend I still have to unpack, and...and..." I ran out of excuses.

"Please Kenzie, it's a new day,"She said as she walked out.

"And I'm making the famous breakfast of all, cereal!" She said with sly smile. I rolled my eyes and laid down. I stared at the white celling, my new home. Well another new home, but this one permeant...I think...I had no idea.

I stood up in my PJs, nothing to fancy just a Shinedown shirt, (one of my favorite bands-wish) and old cotton shorts. I looked in the mirror, I groaned in response of my look.

I quickly put a dark blue t-shirt with a jacket to cover it, and black jeans. I also put on my favorite biker boots. The last thing my dad bought me...I looked at the old picture on the wall of me and my dad at Disney.

My heart had felt like a cold iron hand just wrapped around my heart and squeezed it with all its might.

I mental smacked myself for thinking of him, new start.

I walked down stairs to see my famous breakfast ready and waiting my me to eat it, yum! Once I was down I put my makeup on and brushed my teeth, and looked in the mirror again.

My hair was now sorta tamed, it's light red curls were at different sizes but it looked good. My green eyes looked broken, like really bad, so I added makeup under them to hide the bags. My skin was pale. And the scar, right above my lip going all the way up to the right side of my nose. I slowly touched it but pulled away as if it burned me

Hm, I'm Harry Potter now...

"Kenzie! I don't wanna be late so hurry!" Lilly yelled. Lilly adopted me a few years back. Wait, maybe I am Harry Potter! But I'm a girl, who cares!

As soon I was out of the house Lilly drove me to school.

"Kenzie I need you to start new, okay? We are going to be here until you graduate."
I just nodded my had and watched as we pasted homes and homes. Than a mysterious looking forest, gonna check that out later.

Soon we were there... Beacon Hills High School.

As soon as I was about to jump out Lilly locked the door. I looked at her with my best 'really?' face.

"Kenzie I'm serious, I'm going to be working at the Hospital I need you to have a new start, no more being the shy girl, I want you to have friends." She looked at me, I can tell this bugs her, a lot.

"I'll try, but I make no promises that I can't keep." I faked smiled as I got out of the car looking at the school. New day, new start, new life.

As I walked in I saw a man who I was a bit taller than walk over to me.

"You Mckenzie Williams?" He asked he had a whistle around his neck and his voice sounds like he yells a lot, he also wore a green jacket with shorts that are meant to be used for running.

"Yes." I answered quietly. Great start Kenzi.

"I'm the Coach, just call me Coach and I'll show you to your first class." He said as he started to walk away, fast... I easily caught up to him because of my "long legs" as people put it. I stand at 5"10, that's good for me. It's mostly my legs that makes me tall

"This is your first class, is with..." I blocked him out, I've gotten really good at that. He kept talking and walking and I kept following. I think he was yelling at a "Greenberg" what the...?

"Martin! Stop flirting in the hallways!" He screamed snapping me out of my thoughts. I look over to see a red head, wait! No, a strawberry blond who just rolled her eyes than looked at me. I just shrugged and kept walking.

Soon he lead me to a class room. Telling me it was last one. I just nodded my head and went to my first class, Economics. And guess who was the teacher, Coach...

"You play volleyball?" Coach asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, but that was a long time ago." I answered, short but sweet.

"I think you will do good in track." He mumbled but I just kept walking until we reached the classroom, I sat in some random chair, soon it was filled with juniors, a boy with sticky upper hair sat in front of me next to him was a boy with short hair with a lot of muscle. Yay me...

I slowly pulled out my water as coach was talking...well more like alcohol...what a girl has needs, as I took a sip I knew it was gonna be a long day...  

       ~~~~Lunch~~~~

I found my way into the library which was huge! I think I'm in love! I walked over to an empty table to find a place to read. I took out and apple and a book, I was reading City Of Bones. I put in my ear buds and let the words of both the music and the book to escaped reality.

After God knows how long someone tapped me on the shoulder. I took my ear buds out to look at see the boy with sticky upper hair looking at me. Confused I raised and eyebrow.

"Yes?" I asked quietly, hoping he didn't smell some of the alcohol on my breath.

"You must be new here." He said with a sarcastic voice. He was tall, he had brown eyes, which seemed to hiding a lot of secrets, and mostly painful ones.

"Yes I am." I said trying so hard not to tell him I've been here for thousands of years just so I can do school forever. That took a lot.

"Well newbie, I'm Stiles." Stiles said as he sat across from me. He had a mischief smile, I think we were going to get along greatly.

"Kenzie." I said with a smile, maybe this year won't be so bad.