Chapter 3

Tylee gets up and gets dressed in Becca's guest room. She feeds Daisy and then gets in with Becca to go to the feed store.

Bill checks her out and leans against the counter, "Anything else I could be of help with?"

"Do you have any recommendations on guys for works?" She asks the grandfather figure.

"Dan that you met yesterday is a good guy and knows what he's doing. How many guys were you thinking?" Bill tells the young lady pleased that she is finally looking for help.

He seems like a good guy, I just don't know about actually have some one to help out regardless of the time, "One or two."

"My first to recommendations would be Dan Hargrove and Mitch Stevens." He tells her. She thanks him before going back to Becca's and getting her stuff ready to head back to Hearts Bond.

Once at home Tylee takes care of the animals there before riding out and checking on the cattle in three of the pastures. By the time she is done it is dark, she feeds once again before cooking her a quesadilla, "Lord, help me have the courage to find help for fall works. Guide me as I pick help. Thank you for loving me in spite all of my flaws, especially being anti social. Keep everyone safe as we all go about our daily routines. And Lord..... thank you for introducing me to Dan. In Jesus name, Amen." She finishes eating and then gets a shower.

Curled up with Daisy her mind slips into thoughts about Dan. He was tall and had broad shoulders and his dark brown hair was cut short. His voice was deep like her Papaw's, but also like Papaw's you didn't have to guess when he cared. She could tell he was a working man by the calices and scars on his hands. The thing that stuck with her the most though was his eyes, they were a silver grey color sharp but soft and caring, "What would Papaw think of him?" Tylee mutters as Daisy stirs beside her. She knew that if Bill recommended the guy then he was a pretty good one.

***

Dan can't stop thinking about the wonderful conversation he had with Tylee! He felt as if the Lord was nudging him toward her more since their conversation. Personally he couldn't imagine not knowing his parents, but then again if you didn't know any different it wouldn't be as big of a deal. He is shaken from his thoughts when Joseph's deep voice rings through the bunk house.

"Lunch time boys!" The boss man doesn't have to say it twice, within two shakes of a lambs tail all four men are out the door and on their way to the main house.

After lunch Dan finds himself putting in a new wire gate. He works diligently and gets in done with enough time to enjoy a relaxing ride and study his bible. He sits under his favorite tree and opens his bible to James. Glancing across the page he picks a random verse to start on, it is James chapter one verse nineteen. 19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

After reading the verses he prays and gives his burdens over to God. As he climbed back into his trusty saddle dusk was closing in. Once back at the bunk house he sat down on his bed and drifted off into his thoughts.

"Who's the girl?" Clyde one of the cowboys that also stayed in the bunk house asks Dan.

Dan waves him off saying, "No girl just thinking."

"I can read right through you like a window." Clyde's voice is stern but understanding.

"Tylee Jackson," Dan mutters.

"Jackson rings a bell, but I don't know Tylee. I think it was her grandfather Ben Jackson, he was a really great guy. If she is anything like Ben you got yourself a good catch." With that Clyde gets up leaving Dan to his thoughts.

Sleep did not come easily that night. Tossing turning and laying wide awake filled the hours that were meant for rest. Tylee is at the front of his mind as he gives up on sleeping and pulls on jeans and a button up shirt. He saddle one of the horses that is up and rides out into the dim lit morning.

It has been a week since the day Dan spent with Becca and Tylee. He can't get her off of his mind! His thoughts find their way back to her as he stretches a strand of barbed wire in the October heat. As he ties the strand off to the post his phone rings, glad for an excused break he grabs it out of his pocket. He doesn't recognize the number, but answers it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Hi this is Tylee Jackson, is this Dan Hargrove?" The sweet voice answers.

He smiles even before she said her name not many people have that soft voice that is quiet and sweet, "Hi Tylee, yes this is Dan."

"I was going to see if you could help me with fall works this year," She says her voice a mite quieter than before.

That just made my day! "Yeah, what dates were you thinking?"

"I was going to see when you were available," She tells him a small smile cracking on her lips at his reply.

"We do our works here the last week of October then I'm free." I could even take a whole month off. Dan Hargrove, get your head on straight!

Tylee~ What about thanksgiving?

Her question hit him hard. He realized that she probably doesn't have family that comes or she visits. Struggling to keep his thoughts on the conversation he pushes the thought to the side, "My family gets together the last weekend in November but I don't have to be there if that doesn't work out with what you were thinking."

"No, I can make it work. The first three weeks in November?"

He smiles not being able to help the overjoyed feeling inside of him, "That sounds good. Do I need to bring my own horses?"

She takes a deep breath letting herself gain a bit of confidence, "You can, I have extras though."

"Okay."

"I will get the details in a week or so," She tells him already getting nervous about the future conversation.

He smiles and nods, "Okay, I will talk to you later."

"M' bye."

Dan chuckles to himself as the line clicks, he could tell that most every word she said she was making herself, not because she didn't want to talk as much as it was she wasn't used to it. As he continues on the fence he can't help but look forward to spending three weeks with the beautiful women. What's the ranch like? How long of days does she put in?