Days Off

Some students had been frozen in fear. Some had phoned the police. Some had run to get teachers. Fallon stood in the moment, looking for Noah. She had seen him arrive that morning, so maybe he'd ran away. The students were taken to their classrooms and awaited the police. Students who witnessed the attack were asked to tell the police what they saw. Fallon told the police what she saw, but not about the week before, or the fact that she gave Megan the weapon. The police accepted her eye witness statement, and didn't ask her more.

Afterwards, the students were allowed to go home, as the school was a crime scene and some were too traumatised to focus. Sophia and Fallon decided to meet with Hana, Victoria, Theo, James and Luna. They were going to the park with a large group of other students, including Noah. Fallon couldn't pass this opportunity up, as it meant she could spend time with Noah.

The park was filled with teens talking, laughing and having fun. They say around in groups talking to their friends and eating food they'd brought just before coming here. It wasn't cold, even though it was early November. Sophia and Fallon found where their friends were, and went over to them. They spent a few minutes talking about what happened, then it turned into gossip and general conversation. Fallon could see Noah sat under a tree with the blonde girl she despised. She still didn't know the blonde girls name, she'd have to ask Isabel later. She turned to look at the others in the group.

It had been several hours since they'd arrived at the park, and the sun was beginning to set. Fallon looked at Theo. He had that look in his eye, the kind of look that she'd assumed was only found in Disney movies. It was the look that Fallon gave to Noah. The look of passion, of desire, of love. And it was directed at Hana. Fallon had never been good at knowing how people were feeling, but since joining Adelaine high, it was like she just got it. She could see him look in her direction, so she quickly looked at her phone. She decided to text him, talk to him in private. Fallon had the urge to get Theo and Hana together, even she couldn't explain why. She texted him "Can we talk in private for a moment?" And put her phone in her bag. Theo checked his phone, then stood up.
"Fallon, do you want to walk home with me?" He asked. She knew Theo lived in the same area she did, so his request didn't look suspicious to the rest of the group. Fallon stood up, and they said their goodbyes to the rest of the group.

"So, Fallon. What did you want to talk to me about again?" Theo asked. Fallon looked up from the floor. She then looked around, making sure they couldn't be heard.
"I know you like Hana." Theo looked at her in shock. How did she know I like Hana? He asked himself. "I can tell from the way you look at her." He felt panicked. If she could see it, could Hana?
"I... Um..." He stuttered, trying to deny it. Call her out for being crazy. He sighed, unable to lie about his feelings. "Ok, fine. I like Hana. Don't tell anyone." A smile spread across Fallon's face. She liked the look of fear on other people caused by her. It felt good.
"Don't worry, I won't tell."