Christmas

It was Christmas Day, and Fallon was sat in her living room alone. Her parents weren't home again this year. It had been like this as long as she'd remembered. Fallon couldn't remember a time when her parents were home for Christmas. She had come to accept this, though. She couldn't call any of her friends, as they would be with their families. She didn't really want to see them anyway. She decided to go for a walk, get out of the empty house. The snow was still thick outside, but she didn't mind. The cold never bothered her anyway (not even remotely sorry).

She stepped outside into the cold air. Snow was lightly falling around her, and she could hear the crunch of her footsteps on the snow beneath her feet. She could see her breath as she breathed into the frosty air. Fallon had always been a winter person. She liked the icy cold, like her heart used to be. But she didn't want to go back to how it used to be. She didn't have Noah before. He thawed her heart. She continued walking, watching her feet make footsteps in the fresh snow. From behind, she could hear the sound of a van horn, then a shout.
"Get in loser we're going for a drive!" It was Isabel. It had been ages since Fallon had seen Isabel. She had stopped her van, and Fallon got into the passenger seat.
"Where are we going anyways?" Fallon asked Isabel, who had started the van and was driving. She shrugged her shoulders, not knowing. Fallon turned on the radio, and Christmas music filled the van. Fallon flicked through the radio stations, hoping to find one without Christmas music with no success. Neither of them really cared for Christmas music, so Fallon ended up turning off the radio and the silence filled the van.

Fallon looked out her window and immediately recognised the area. It was where Noah lived, why had Isabel brought her here? She could see Noah from the other end of the road. She rolled down her window and leaned out the window as they drove by Noah.
"Merry Christmas Noah!" Fallon shouted as the van drove past. She could hear him laugh as they drove away. Isabel was also laughing.
"Fallon what was that?" Isabel asked through her laughter. Fallon was also laughing at this point. They continued to drive, not really going anywhere specific.

That night, Fallon was in her room, looking at the miserable excuse for a Christmas tree. Underneath the tree was the presents she had been given by her friends. She had yet to open them. She sat down and opened each one, saving Noah's for last. She nearly felt bad for just giving her friends rocks with their names carved in them, it seemed cheap in comparison. The last one she opened was from Noah. It was a bracelet with a little heart charm attached. It was the first thing he had ever gotten her and she would treasure it forever.