New Years Kisses

The ambulance came along with the police. Fallon was asked questions, as well as Hana, Victoria and the guy who needed to use the bathroom. They were all witnesses. Fallon was able to convince officers that she had just found the body when she unlocked the door. No one suspected that her death was a murder. That was a win for Fallon.

The party continued, but with a less happy vibe. People tried to push it to the back of their minds. It was now 11:15, 45 minutes until midnight. The music still played and people still talked and danced. Fallon stayed with Hana and Victoria for the rest of the night. They were still shaken by the body. Fallon acted shaken, but she was used to seeing dead bodies. It didn't bother her. They spent time downstairs with other people. Fallon looked around, unable to find Noah. She hoped that he hadn't left. She felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and saw it was Noah, Theo and Mari.
"Hey guys." Theo pulled Hana into a hug. Were they dating now? Wow thanks for telling me you're dating now Theo. Fallon thought, trying not to stare at Noah. She didn't want to creep him out. That would be bad. She couldn't let him think she was creepy, he could never like a creep.

The countdown to New Years was starting, and Fallon was still with the group. They were standing outside in the snow next to the pool to see the fireworks. They had been joined by James, Luna, Sunny, Logan, Sophia and Ashley. Fallon hated that Ashley had joined the group. She clinged to Noah like she was glued to his hip. At least Noah kept her in the friend zone, but for how long? Fallon needed to get Ashley out of the way. But Fallon also had another problem, James. He wanted to be with Fallon. He was next to her, like he was glued to her side. She wished he'd take a hint and keep his distance. It seemed like he wasn't really sorry for the kiss that took it too far. He was desperate to get out of the friend zone, and she was desperate to keep him there. They began to count down until New Years.
"5... 4... 3... 2... 1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!" The call filled the air as fireworks set off above them. Fallon could see Theo pulled Hana in for a kiss, and Logan pull Luna in for one too. She could see Ashley try to kiss Noah on the lips, but him turn so she kissed his cheek. Before she could do anything, she felt James try to pull her in for a kiss too. She used all her strength to push him back, causing him to fall into the pool taking her down with him. They climbed out into the pool, both shivering. The pool was freezing cold, and all Fallon had on was a dress and a thin coat. She ran back inside the house, followed by Hana, Victoria and James.