Chapter 12: Truth or Dare?

"Did you... Uh... Did you hear that?" I asked quietly. A few of them nodded, the others just gave me a look of pity. Silence filled the room. Finally, Troye stood up and opened his arms. I ran to them and he enveloped me in a hug. When I finally let go, he motioned for me to sit with them and soon we were all sitting on the beds and talking. It was nice that none of them asked about any of it- they just talked and laughed. We ended up playing a few games before Troye said asked the dreaded question.

"Who wants to play truth or dare?"

Truth or dare? Did people actually still play that? I thought. It was a dangerous game! Last time I played that I was stuck in my crush's house for an hour, waiting for him to leave so I could sneak out- long story. Anyway, all the guys agreed and I wasn't going to be the one to back down, obviously. So I joined in. Stupid me.

"Alright, I'll go first," Troye said. "Phil, truth or dare?"

"Truth," Phil answered timidly.

"Is it true that you and Dan are gay lovers?"

"No!" Phil shouted. We all laughed really hard and continued with the game.

***

"(Y/N), truth or dare?" Caspar was staring me down, and I had answered truth the last time, when PJ asked me. Everyone expected me to pick dare this time... Who was I to refuse? But that doesn't mean I won't be terrified! I thought.

"D-Dare." I stuttered. Why did I stutter?!

"Ooh, dare! Hmm..." He tapped his chin in fake thought. "I dare you to go get Joe and make him join the game." I blinked hard. Joe didn't even want to talk to me right now!

"He's gonna kill me," I replied, "Did you hear how mad he was?"

"That's exactly why it's a dare," Caspar clarified. "Are you backing out?"

"What, no!" I gulped. "I'll do it."

"Well do it quickly, because we can't continue the game until you do." He taunted.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm going." I said, heading out of the room.

I found him right outside of the door. Apparently he had come back during the two hours we were talking and playing games. Suddenly I felt really bad for letting him leave. I should have gone after him, he shouldn't be alone right now.

"Hey," I whispered, closing the door and sitting against it. He was sitting against the wall next to me.

"Hey," He whispered back. He looked awful, and as I saw the tear stains on his cheeks, I blinked back a few of my own. "I'm sorry I yelled like that..." Why is he apologizing?

"I should be the one saying that- I forced you to tell me, and you didn't want to. I should have respected that." I looked down at the ground. "It was just so painful to see you like that, I didn't know what to do and-" He tilted my chin back up to look at him again.

"You shouldn't have to know what to do. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner." He said. "I can't believe I even let it get to me that much- it's not like we're together or anything."

I moved closer to him and put my head on his shoulder. "It's okay, really." I said quietly. I looked up at him to see that he was already looking at me.

"Promise?" He asked, eyes glistening.

"Promise." I replied. I leaned forward to kiss his cheek, but he leaned down to do the same thing and... We met each other's lips gently, and his hand came up to the back of my neck. Even though I wasn't planning on it, it was perfect. His other hand moved freely through my hair and I put both my arms around his shoulders, involuntarily deepening the kiss. I wasn't even thinking, everything just happened, as if in slow motion-

"So when you two are done, you think he's gonna want to join the game or no?"

Joe and I jumped away from each other and the sound of Caspar's voice. He was standing in the(now open) doorway, smirking down at us. Joe scratched the back of his neck and I couldn't move.

"Caspar it's not what it looked like-"

"Really? Because it looked like you guys were kissing." Caspar said. Oh that little-

"It's exactly what it looked like, then." Joe mumbled.

"Caspar you can't tell anyone about this." I whispered forcefully.

"Promise us," Joe added. Caspar's hands went up in defense, and he smirked again.

"You've got my word, but what about everyone else?" PJ, Phil, Chris and Troye popped up in the doorway and I smacked my forehead with an open palm.

"If you say anything, you're dead." I threatened. They all laughed and promised not to.

"As long as you both join the game again," Troye added. Joe and I reluctantly nodded and followed them into the room.

Author's Note!

Alright guys.... Permission to fangirl? I THINK SO

AAAUUUUGGGGHHH!

Okay I'm good now, I'm fine, I'm good.

AAAUUUUGGGGHHH! 

Okay now I'm good.

Sooooo how do we all feel about this chapter, hmm? I personally enjoyed writing this waaaay too much. And I had some fun with having the boys pop up at the end too XD Anyways, tell me what you think! Any predictions, thoughts, suggestions, I'd love to hear it all! Love you guys!

Savy Pearson