Chapter 18: Leaving?

(Quick A/N: There will be a little bit of a panic attack at the end of this chapter. It is very mild, but in case any of you don't want to read that, I'll warn you when it starts and if you want to know what happened just message me asking what happened at the end of chapter 18! Thanks ^_^ Hope you like this one! It's pretty long to make up for not uploading in awhile.)

“Well, I think it’s safe to say I won’t be going back to that mall again,” I laughed.

    “I was not that bad!” Dan said defensively.

    “Sure, not that bad. You totally didn’t run around the store and knock someone over looking for a Tauros, and you totally didn’t scream like a little girl when it ran away,” I laughed. “Oh, and you didn’t knock over those displays either, that was my imagination, right?”

    “Shhh!”

    “And what about when you swore in front of the cashier and the little kids at the register?” I reminded him. “It’s a wonder no one kicked us out.”

    “Oh, shut up!” he shouted, eyes crinkling as he laughed. “But hey, they don’t know who we are anyways! No one shall ever know-”

    “I had the camera on the whole time,” I reminded.

    “Fu-”

    “Dan!”

    “I was going to say fun. It was fun.”

    “Suuure you were.”

***

    “Geez, Y/N, how many boxes do you have?!” Dan whined, carrying three boxes as you followed him to your car, also juggling boxes. It was the day before we returned to London.

    “Only as many as I need,” I replied. “Besides, these are the last ones before tomorrow morning.”

    “Girls,” Dan sighed, shaking his head.

    “Hmm?” I asked.

    “Nothing! Nothing, nothing!”

    “Did you just assume my gender?” I said, barely able to keep a straight face. (Yes, I did just make that joke, kill me XD)

    “Oh my God, Y/N,” Dan complained. “That joke is so old!”

    “Like you!” I joked. We finally made it to my car and shoved the last of the boxes into the trunk. I slammed the door shut and viewed my old apartment building, hands on my hips. “I did it, I’m moving to London.”

    “Technically, you’ve still gotta wait for your bed and all that…” Dan trailed off, seeing my angered look. “I mean, yay! You did it!”

    I punched him in the arm and laughed again, racing him up the stairs and back to my apartment. I busied myself getting pre-popped popcorn as Dan took a phone call. As I walked back into the empty living room, Dan walked slowly into the room as well.

“One more day!” I shouted excitedly, jumping onto my couch, one of the last things left in the apartment. Dan sat down next to me.

    “Yeah, one more day…” he repeated. What’s up with him?

    “Isn’t that a good thing?” I asked. “What’s wrong?”

    “Nothing,” he sighed, staring at his phone.

    “Dan.” I waited for him to look me in the eye. “You can’t do that. I know it was something, and you know I won’t let it go until you tell me.” We had a silent stare off, about five minutes long, before he finally sighed from the awkwardness.