Chapter 5: Will

Will's Point Of View

July 4, 2003

    I opened my eyes. I was cold and it was raining. I was on the front porch of some building. The door opened and a lady came out and said, "Oh my! This child!" She picked me up and ran inside with me in her arms. She immediately dried me off and wrapped me in a blanket. I was laid down. I heard someone say, "This child, he looks to be about one year old, was on the porch. He had this note with him. It said, 

  "This is William Sean McLoughlin. He is from Dublin, Ireland. He is one year old. His birthday is October thirty-first, two thousand one. His Dad and I can't take care of him, sadly. Please, please, please take good care of him for us. He has a small necklace with a picture of us on the back. In the future, if he ever thinks we don't love him... show him this note. We love you Will."

  We have to take care of him as long as possible..." I didn't hear the rest because I fell asleep.

October 31, 2007

  "Happy sixth birthday, William! How has your day been? William," My best friend, Jay, ran into my room screaming, "William! W-what happened?" I was on the floor and coughing up blood. 

  "Jay? J-just help me up," I said holding out my hand, "And how many times do I have to tell you? CALL ME WILL!" She helped me up and apologized.

  Jay helped me onto my bed and sat next to me, "Was it Rory again?" I cringed when she said his name. I nodded. Rory is my arch nemesis. He's older than me and has hated me ever since the day I came to the orphanage. He's always making fun of me because my parents don't love me... my parents don't care. His Mom died of cancer and his Dad got shot defending Rory. He has a reason for being here whereas, I don't. Rory came walking in. He pushed Jay aside and picked me up by my collar.

  Rory is fourteen and is really strong. "I thought I told you to stay on the floor with the dirt. That's where you belong! Freak," He said and threw me into the wall. Jay ran to him and tackled him! By the way, Jay is thirteen. She punched him over and over until Mrs. O'Reily, also known as the lady who found me on the porch, pried Jay off of Rory. It wasn't the first time Jay did this. But, it was the last. Three hours later Jay was kicked out of the orphanage.