Chapter 4: Mika

Mika's Point Of View

July 4, 2003

  One week. I've been alive for one week and my parents are already trying to turn me into a Disney loving, giggling, annoying, half-wit, girly girl! "This shade of pink is nice! Don't you think so, James? JAMES! YOU'RE NOT LISTENING, " My Mom said as she picked out another ugly pink outfit.

  "Oh! OH! Ummm yeah, great shade of pink... yeah. That's what you said," My Dad tried to cover up the fact that he's really confused. I was WAY too young to understand what was happening. So, little (very little) did I know, this would be the start of a lifetime of pink and dresses. EW! UGH GROSS!

October 31, 2007

  "BUT MOOOOOM!!! I DON'T WANT TO BE TINKER BELL!! I WANT TO BE TONY HAWK!!! UGH," I shouted. I guess you might need some context on what's going on. I realized that I'm a tomboy a few weeks ago and my Mom is sexist and doesn't accept that. She keeps telling me that I'm a girly girl and have to be Tinker Bell (I don't know who that even is!),  but I want to be my idol, Tony "The Birdman" Hawk.

  My Mom got in my face and whispered so only I could hear her, "You will be Tinker Bell. You will NOT be Tommy Eagle or whatever his name is. If you ever try not to be girly you'll be really sorry." Then, my Dad and older brother, Bennett, came downstairs and I left to go take off my jeans and put on the green dress and wings. 

September 2, 2008

  "Oh... hey Mooom. Notice anything different," I said when I walked into the kitchen, "Liiiike maybe a new jacket, new shirt, anything?" I waited for an answer. The thing is, my Mom told me to wear pink today, and every day, but today I wanted to be a rebel so I wore a green jacket that I stole... from a store.

  "Huh? Oh uhhh new haircut? Uh... honestly, I don't care right now, Mikalyn," My Mom said. So, if you didn't know, my full name is Mikalyn. Pronounced: Mike-uh-lin. I hate my name so I tell people to use my nickname: Mika. Pronounced: Mike-uh.

  "MIKA! What are you doing? I told you not to go near this room on Monday and Friday. IT'S MONDAY! Come with me," Bennett said as he dragged me away from my Mom's room.