Chapter 15: Halloween Horrors And Scarring Scars

October 30, 2016

Jess's Point Of View

  It's been four days. Four days. Will still isn't talking. Ash blames himself. Jax and I are the only half-mentally stable ones right now. I still can't believe that the police didn't even try to find them. You're probably really confused right now. Well, four days ago Mika... was shot. We called 911 but no one came to help. We tried to get the police to find her killer but they refused. We've been looking for four days but we haven't found anyone to blame. Mika didn't even get a funeral. I feel like we dishonored her memory. She was my best friend and I couldn't save her. But, I don't blame myself. I don't blame Ash, or Jax, or Will. I don't even blame the police or paramedics. I blame the shooter with all of my heart. 

  We walked really far. We wanted to get away from where she died as fast as possible. Now, we're in New York, New York. Mika would've loved it here.

  "Jess," A voice broke me out of my trance, "Will... just... talked..."

  "What," I said, "W-What'd he say?"

  "I said," Will injected, his voice hoarse and dry, "It was Declan. I saw him running away with a gun. I didn't say anything before because... he snuck behind me and slit the side of my throat, cutting my vocal cords. But, I can sort of talk now." I hugged him and checked his neck. Sure enough, there was a scar. It was about six inches and went from right behind his left ear, went under it, and stopped at the outer corner of his left eye. That's when I heard the scream.

Jax's Point Of View

  I felt a slice and burn on the side of my face. I screamed and turned to see someone there. No one was there. We were in the middle of the forest in Forest Park and the leaves would've made noise. 

   Ash touched the burn. It was already scarred over. It was bout six inches, started behind my left ear, went under it, and stopped at the outer corner of my left eye.

  "Jax," He whispered, "Go stand next to Will." I stood next to Will and Ash compared our scars. "Those scars were made by the same blade."

  Jess asked, "How can you tell?" She took the words right out of my mouth!

  He frowned, "I've had enough scars in my life to be able to decipher the differences. We need to get out of these woods. I'm not risking anyone else!" We grabbed our backpacks and we started getting out of the woods.

  I grabbed Ash's hand and I said, "You seem really tense..."

  "Well," He replied, "Mika Ju- AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ash's Point Of View

  I buckled to the ground and grabbed my neck. I couldn't see anything. We were on the sidewalk so I knew there were a shit ton of people around. Jax knelt down beside me and moved my hand away gently. Then, he pulled out this dart and Will said, "Poison dart. They're only available in Ireland, though. Rory used to use them on me all of the time. The affects 'll were off in about five to fifteen minutes. He'll be fi- wait... the poison is spreading and causing a scar? On the same spot Jax and I have ours... shit..." I reached up and touched my scar with a  shaky hand. I let a tear roll down my cheek. I stood up and grabbed Jax's shoulder.  He steadied me and we all started walking through the crowd that had gathered around us. 

  We walked past a Halloween store. "Hey," I said, "We should go Trick-Or-Treating. This store is giving out free costumes!" Everyone shrugged and we walked into the store. Jax and I went to the couple costumes, but then realized that if we wore a couple costume that we'd be mocking Will. So, we decided not to. We all decided to be the Animatronics from FNAF.