Chapter 15

+1 Month

I'm now just over 5 months pregnant and today we have a scan to find out the gender of the baby. My grandmas wish was to be able to go to one of the scans, but she is too ill to move, so I've arranged for all the equipment to go to my grandmas room so she can see it for herself.
I had a shower and did my hair and makeup and then got dressed. I walked wow roars to Ian.
"You ready to find out the gender?" Ian asked me smiling as he placed his hand on my stomach.
"Yes I am" I replied smiling back and placing my hand on top. We both then walled out and got into Ian's car and be drove us to the hospital. We arrived and parked up and walked out. We checked in at the front desk and then walked into my grandmas room.
"Emily.. What are you doing here?" She asked. "I thought you had your scan today?" She then questioned.
"Yeah, we do, but I wanted you to be part of it" I replied. The nurse then brought in the equipment.
"What do you mean?" She then questioned me confused. "What's all this stuff?" She then asked me.
"It's all the stuff we need for a scan" I replied smiling.
"What. Really?" She replied with tears in her eyes. We both then walked over to her and we let them set it all up. I then laid in the bed next to my grandma. I lifted up my top and my grandma was holding my hand and Ian sat next to my grandma. They put in the gel and then put the monitor thing on my stomach.
"There's the baby" the nurse said.
"Wow" I replied. My grandma then began to cry. I told Ian to take a picture as we were laid there.
"It looks like everything perfect. The baby is doing good and healthy" she replied.
"That's great" Ian replied.
"Do you want to know the gender?" She asked me.
"Yes please" me and Ian said.
"Ok. Well your having a little boy" she then said.
"A boy, wow" me and Ian both replied.
"Oh wow that's amazing honey" My grandma replied slightly hugging me. I wiped of the gel from my stomach and then sat up. "I'm so happy for you and Ian" my grandma replied wiping her eyes. They then began clearing the room and taking back the machines. "Thank you for that" she said to the both of us.
"We both wanted you here to find out" I replied.
"Yeah. I'm glad" Ian replied and hugged her. We then stayed for awhile. We then left and said our goodbyes and walked out the place. We got back into the car and went on Instagram and uploaded the picture of me and my grandma having the scan.
---
*Instagram*
Caption: Get to share this moment with my beautiful grandma is amazing. The one this she said to me is that she hopes she gets better to be able to come to one of the scans, but she hasn't been doing that good this past few months so I don't think that would happen. She was heartbroken... So me and Ian set up all the equipment being taken to my grandmas room so she can be at one of the scans.Her reaction was just as I expected. There were a lot of tears and smiles :). I love you grandma and my gorgeous fiancé Ian <3
---
I didn't mention anything about the gender as we wanted to keep it to ourselves. We arrived back home and we got out. We walked straight in and made ourself something to eat. Afterwards, we walked into the living room and began watching some tv.
"Hey Ian" I said and he looked at me.
"Yeah" he replied.
"You know how I have that talk in a couple of days about abuse?" I replied. I don't really talk much to the public about the abuse, but I want to spread awareness about it so I've been asked to talk about some stuff and answer questions.
"Yeah?" He replied.
"Well I wanted to talk about something, but wanted to tell you first" I replied.
"Ok, sure" he replied. I then sat up.
"Well when I used to date Jackson..." I began to say. "About a 2 months before I told the police about everything I found out I was pregnant" I replied.
"You were! What happened?" He asked. I then explained the whole story to him..
"I'm glad you told me. I love you" he replied and kissed me and hugged me again...