Chapter 10: Happy

"Hello!" Jude greeted all of Lucy's friends as they walked past him and they all formally greeted him back, "Lucy, please don't let that cat into my office again." Jude pleaded, he was allergic to cats but he only allowed it because he didn't want to upset Lucy.

Natsu gaped at the blue cat that ran into his arms. He started laughing as the cat purred into his chest, while everyone stared at him.

They were inside her mansion, and most of her friends didn't question her since she had told them a while ago about her financial status.

"Lucy, what the hell did you do to it?" Cana asked, referring to odd shade of blue. The cat's big dark eyes stared at everyone and it almost seemed as he were trying to communicate with all of them.

"Nothing he was already like that when I found him! I washed him up and apparently that's his natural color."

"YOU washed him?" Natsu questioned.

Lucy nodded her head, "Yup! Why?"

"Why didn't you just have one of your maids do it?" Natsu was so used to having everyone else do the chores for him, it just seemed out of place for someone as rich as Lucy to actually be working and doing chores.

"I wanted to," Lucy smiled, "I found him, so it was my responsibility to wash him up."

"What are you going to name him?" Juvia asked as she snatched the cat away from Natsu, who pouted and already missed him.

Lucy shrugged, "I don't know. I'm not creative."

"Let's name him Happy!" Natsu grinned as he gingerly tickled the blue cat's ear.

"You're so creative." Erza muttered as she rolled her eyes, "Let's name him Strawberry!"

Levy did the hand gesture for 'crazy' and pointed at Erza.

"HE'S GOING TO BE CALLED HAPPY!" Natsu growled and defensively held up the soon to be called 'Happy'.

"How about 'Plue'?" Lucy shyly asked as she ate some chips from a bowl that a maid had placed in the center of the table while they were arguing.

"No! That doesn't suit him!" Cana shook her head.

"Happy it is." Lucy gave in, while Natsu jumped up and down.

The teens kept on talking for a few minutes longer, but eventually they all had to leave. They all went walking except for Natsu who had a butler who was going to pick him up.

"You're lucky." Natsu mumbled in a grumpy tone, making Lucy look at him with confusion.

"Yeah? Call me Lucky Lucy from now on." She flipped her hair and laughed.

"You don't get it." Natsu shook his head and went inside the black car.

As Natsu sat in the back of the car, he couldn't help but feel envious towards Lucy. He no longer hated her, he was just jealous, though he really couldn't admit that to himself. He laughed off the idea inside his head and continued to stare out the window.

There weren't any stars up, not yet.

xXx

Lucy's POV

"LUCY!" My dad shouted from upstairs.

"Coming!" I answered. I quickly hopped up the stairs and walked inside his office, "What's up?" I casually asked.

"Dear, do you remember what today is?" He asked in a gentle tone.

"No?" I stretched out the word as I sat next to him.

"Lucy, today is your appointment for a checkup-,"

I sighed knowing what he was referring to. I nodded my head and stood up, "I'll get ready." It wasn't a regular checkup to see whether I was healthy or not, it was more of a checkup to see whether I'm closer to death or far from it.

"I'm sorry." He whispered as he buried his head into his hands.

.

.

.

"Lucy look at me." Mavis, my doctor who always checked on me, gently spoke, "I understand that you're worried and hearing bad news would be the last thing you would want, but," She placed her hand on top of mine and her odd tattoo glimmered under the ceiling lights, "I don't think your condition is improving. Looking at last month's data, you were doing better..."

"WHAT? DOES THAT MEAN I'M GOING,-" My breathing became swift and I felt like crying, "Am I going to end up like my mother?"

"Lucy, no don't go there. You and your mother are different people. It's not clear on what's going to happen in the future." She stopped for a minute and told me to just breathe, "But have you been feeling differently recently?"

"Sometimes I feel really tired, but I think it's only because of school." I wasn't lying, nor was I telling the complete truth. In fact, I've been feeling exhausted everyday. During gym class, my heart would feel like it were going to explode, but I don't want to limit myself. 

No One's POV

The familiar scent of the plant filled the mansion. Natsu's strong ability to smell things wasn't useful in cases like this. The strong humid scent filled inside his nostrils, and all he wanted at the moment was to return to Lucy's house, or anywhere else.

Inwardly praying, he proceeded to jog up the stairs. He arrived in front of Igneel's room. His hand gripped on the black door handle, and he slowly and cautiously turned it. Upon entering, it revealed Igneel, who had a white dress shirt on, with cannabis around his desk, and a smoking pipe in one hand. His eyes were crimson with slight bags under, but overall he generally gave off a serious look.

Igneel's eyes landed on Natsu, "What do you want now?" He tiredly asked Natsu.

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm home." Natsu timidly whispered.

"Whatever. Go away from me, I'm not in the mood right now."

"You're never in the mood for anything." Natsu muttered, but unfortunately Igneel heard. He jumped out of his chair, and marched straight for Natsu. Natsu tried taking a step back in fear, but Igneel smacked him on his head with full force, causing Natsu to fall to the ground on his face, breaking his nose on impact.

"Don't ever think of disrespecting me like that again." Igneel seethed with rage and he kicked Natsu out of his room, and slammed the door in his face.

Natsu crawled back to his room and fell on his bed, not caring that blood was trickling down his forehead. He grabbed a beer from under his bed and gulped the entire can down. It always helped him drift off to sleep. 

A/N 

Sorry for the lack of updates. :( 

I just read the recent manga chapter of Fairy Tail.

wth??