Chapter 19: Attention Seeker

‘I would just be embarrassing myself if I go over there. Besides, deep inside I know that I’ll never get what I want, it’s always been like that. I know that it’s best if I just forget about this and stop talking to her.’ Natsu thought as he gripped onto his blankets and stared at the crack on the wall he had made.‘Sometimes I wish I had never met you, if I i hadn’t, then I would me more calm and collected’, he didn’t know that his words would come back to haunt him, years later.

A week had passed by since Natsu and Lucy both talked to each other. After Natsu had angrily hung up the call, he stayed inside the hotel the whole day, and at night he snuck into a club that was nearby, by himself. The day after, he had a small hangover and found several lipstick stains around his collar and neck. It was nothing new.

Lucy suspected something about the way he hung up in a second, and many scenarios came to her mind. She even questioned on whether he was jealous, but thought was an idiotic idea. So, she decided that she would invite him over for a game of volleyball later, when the sun would be at it’s apex. As for her friend Sting, he tried making most of their together, but realized that something was bothering Lucy. ‘ I refuse to give up…’

Their ‘date’ actually went quite well. Sting took her to a carnival that was near by. They didn’t go on any ‘extreme’ rides because Lucy was afraid of heights, and Sting didn’t want to put her through any pain or fear. Instead, they had fun on a carousel, where many adults and elders had tender expressions on their faces, as they stared at the couple that would laugh and play together.

Their time together was cut short, when drops of rain landed on Sting’s hair. He quickly took off his navy jacket and placed it over Lucy. And without asking, he grabbed Lucy and carried her bridal style, all the way back to the hotel. It was within walking distance, so he knew it wasn’t worth it to call a taxi or something.

“Thanks for spending the day with me.” Sting’s eyes glimmered, and a benevolent grin formed on his face. He gave her a final hug before walking away, under the rain. He was so happy, that he didn’t notice Juvia and Gray frolicing under the rain, not caring about anything at that moment.

xXx

Gray was very close to Natsu, and immediately knew that something was wrong, when he saw Natsu brooding and staring out the window, while caressing his scarf.

He sighed, wondering what Natsu had done this time, “What’s up?” He plopped next to his friend, who had an old man’s gaze as he continued to look at the rain.
“Nothing.” Natsu answered, in a monotone.

Gray nudged his elbow, a smirk forming on his face, “Don’t be like that! C’mon rant to me, just like you used to.”

Natsu stared at Gray for a long time, deciding it would be better to let his feelings out. He took a deep breath and exhaled,  “WELL YOU KNOW LUCY RIGHT?”

“Yeah?”

“AND YOU KNOW STING? THE GUY FROM SABER HIGH?”

“Yeah…?” Gray nodded, his attention on Natsu.

“WELL HE CAME AND FORCED LUCY TO GO WITH HIM,”

Gray jumped, when Natsu’s voice kept rising, “You’re a bit loud.” He politely smiled.

“-- LIKE ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I WAS GOING TO TAKE LUCY TO,-”

Gray covered his ears with his index fingers, “Use your indoor voice.”

“-- I WANTED TO HANG OUT WITH LUCY! NOBODY ASKED STING TO COME ALL THE WAY,-”

Natsu's eyes widened when he noticed Gray slowly sliding his belt off, “Why are you taking your belt off?!”

Gray's hand twitched, he wanted to whip Natsu for being so dense and loud, “What are your feelings towards Lucy, dammit! Are you curious about her, or do you have a crush on her?”

Natsu blushed and shook his head in denial. His face was twisted in a grimaced look, as if he bitten into a sour lemon, “I guess… when you put it like that, I guess I'm just curious and want to know more about her…”

Gray held his belt over his head, menacingly, “Try me-”

“I'm being honest!” Natsu shouted, not wanting to get smacked. “I don't have a crush on her.” He mumbled, but his heart was dancing all over in his chest.

“Stop acting so fake, Natsu!” Gray grabbed Natsu by the shoulders and repeatedly shook him, “Open your eyes! Don't you realize that you like her?”

Natsu growled and crossed his arms, “Shut up, Gray. Nothing can be faker than your abs.”

Gray blushed and frowned. He slowly slid off Natsu's bed, and crawled onto his own bed. He curled on his bed, removing his coat, “You never appreciate me.” He cried.

A/N:
I won an itunes gift card at school :D
This is super random, but, comment down your least favorite character from fairy tail.
I won't say mine rn because I'm scared that I'll get hate for it cx