Chapter 23: Tears

A/N: I'm still alive.

"That idiot finally left." Sting sighed as he began picking up his things on the floor, "I guess I have to leave too though."

Lucy gently laughed, "Yeah, it's getting a bit late."

"So are you going to watch the game?"

Lucy looked at the celing for answers, "What game? The football one?"

Sting shook his head, "Nonono." He huffed, "The soccer one. It's not a big deal, but how about going to a game for once? I don't remember you ever going to one."

Lucy slowly parted her lips to speak and protest.

"I mean high school games. The ones before that don't count."

"Its you against my school?"

"Yup," Sting clicked his tongue, "I'm obviously going to win."

"I would bet on who's winning, but I don't know how good everyone is…"

Sting gave a final wave before leaving. He quickly made an 'L' sign with his index and thumb, "Prepare yourselves for the biggest L."

Lucy playfully rolled her eyes. She scanned her room, wanting to play with Happy for a bit.

The delicate kitten with blue fur wasn't in her room.

Odd.

He always tended to be sleeping on Lucy’s soft sheets or underneath the bed. He wasn't a noisy or mean cat, he was soft, warm, and delicate.

Just like Lucy.

"Happy?" Lucy called out. She wandered out of her bedroom and looked around her house.

"Hey," she softly called out as she noticed her small companion was curled up underneath the table.

"Happy?"

He didn't move. He lay still with small long breaths occasionally coming out.

Lucy made a small chattering sound to get his attention. "Ha~ppy." She slowly stretched his name.

Unresponsive.

She sqauted down at his level to reach out for him and carry him in her arms.

His eyes were closed, and he held a thin green cloth in his paws. His paws were firmly clinging onto it, as if it had significance.

Lucy thought it was strange that he had something like that. But then she remembered that Natsu had left his handkerchief behind, during one of his play dates with Happy.

She planted soft kisses on his forehead and gently shook him to wake him up from his deep slumber.

But he didn't.

'Why am I suddenly panicking?' Lucy's heart felt like it was jumping all over her chest.

It was as if a cloud of melancholy was surrounding her. Nothing had been said/decided and yet she was feeling as if she had lost something.

Small drips of sweat began forming along her hairline. Her hearing felt as if it had gone, and all she could hear was the drop of a pin, echoing around her.

She quickly sprinted up the stairs, almost tripping twice on her way.

"DAD!" She called, panic in her voice.

In less than a split second, her father appeared. "What's happening?"

"I-It's Happy!" She choked, "He's not responding to me. Please make him wake up! I don't understand what's wrong."

Jude called for the staff that was in the house. Aquarius had some experience as a vet, surely she would know what the problem was.

She quickly jogged into his office, along with the other dozen members. Her silky hair that was dyed blue, was braided into neat boxer braids. She wore a simple long sleevedn, light pink turtle neck with some light rolled up jeans.

"Aquarius, please help me." Lucy’s eyes threaten to show her vulnerable state though it was already clear at this point, "Help Happy."

xXx

The next day at school, Lucy didn't arrive. She called her friends to let them know about her situation with Happy and how she hadn't slept for the night.

School was the last thing on her mind.

When the teacher called her name for attendance, her friends threw frowned looks at each other.

Natsu was quick to notice this. Not knowing the unknown scared him.

'It's probably nothing.' He thought to himself. She probably just wanted to hang out with Sting or something.

He rolled his eyes, 'Of course not.'

But the absence of Lucy made him feel something.

An emotion.

It felt as if something was out of place, the atmosphere felt bland. If stars were visible during the day, Lucy would be one of them.

Rare and standing out.

It was as if he were lonely. But that wasn't the case.

Or could it have been?

---

Sosososos.

*stutters*

I haven't been procrastinating as much, I've just been more focused on other things. To make up on not updating in forever,  a chapter will be coming out soon. Though i don't really think a lot of people read this anymore xx oh well, I'll try to be optimistic. I don't think anyone would want to read a lenthy chapter of me just talking about why i was gone, so I cut it short ^

♡ thank you for making it to this point.