9.I'm they key?

"Though I never truly had you, to me you'll always be the one that got away." 

- Xavier to Sierra.

Chapter 9

I'm the key?

Sierra's POV

It was around 5 when I reached Xavier's Victorian house. Since I hadn't exactly called him before I came over he wasn't waiting outside like he did in the morning.

After knocking on the door and pulling on my sleeves for 5 minutes a blonde haired guy with piercings all over opened the door.

"Can I help you?" he asked raising an eyebrow, being a little surprised when I offered him a smile.

"Hey. Is Xavier around?" I asked

"Why?" he asked giving me a skeptical look.

"Look. I need to talk to him. It's important." I said. But the more I spoke, the more suspicious the guy got.

"Who are you?" he asked, straightening out his shoulders and glaring at me, as if to frighten me.

Now I know I lived among wolves and this guy shouldn't frighten me, but he was the kind of guy you crossed streets to avoid. He scared the living daylights out of me.

"Sierra?" I heard Xavier's voice from inside. And a second later Xavier was opening the door and looking at me.

"What are you doing here? Did Jake..?" he began but I cut him off.

"Jake is looking into it. That's not why I'm here." I said shaking my head. When I looked back up at him I realized the blond guy who opened the door standing next to Xavier.

"Can we talk somewhere?" I asked. "In private." I added after a pause. Only then did Xavier realize that the guy was looking between us.

"Yeah. Sure. Let's go for a walk." He said grabbing a coat by the door and shutting it close behind him.

As we walked further from the house, I wondered how to ask him about what my father had told me.

"Is everything okay?" he asked me as we neared the edge of the woods.

"Hmm? Yeah. Everything is fine." I said nodding my head.

"Really? Cuz you told me you want to talk and yet..." he began in a sarcastic tone and I cut him off.

"Why did you call my father? What exactly did you tell him?" I asked, my questions coming out in a rush.

Xavier didn't look surprised. Instead he looked like he expected me to ask him those questions.

"I had a vision about you. A couple of nights back." He said.

"A vision? Like what does that even mean?" I asked.

"Certain warlocks and witches, usually the one's with a lot of power have the gift of vision. We can see events in the past or future but not in the present. But it's not in the events like how it takes place. It's more of symbols and clues that won t make sense until after the event itself unfolds." He explained.

"Well what good is that?" I asked exasperated.

"Visions don't change Sierra. If I were psychic and I told you the events then you would change them. So no, we don't see the future, we're just given the keys to try and sort it out." He said looking a little annoyed himself. During the entire conversation Xavier hadn't looked at me once.

"And what?" I asked getting goosebumps. "I'm the key?"

He let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his hair, he then let out a small chuckle.