Chapter 17

No POV

Matt was in the interrogation room with the tall muscular lady.

"My name is Sharan, and yours is Matt correct?" She asks calmly.
Matt nods.

"Tell me, what happened while being held hostage by who we assume to be Mark Fischbach." She says tapping her fingernail on the table.

"I tried to save Sean -Sean McLoughlin- but Mark stopped me. I uh, stabbed him and I ran to Ja- I mean Sean. Someone that looked like Sean chased me, but I managed to get a glimpse of him beat up and bloody first. The Sean looking, thing, dragged me to a closet and locked me in there. I remained in the closet for a while, then I switched rooms a couple of times. After a long time, I got saved by my friend Ryan." Matt explains.

Sharan looks at Matt then asks "Did Mark seem like himself?"

Matt nods his head in disagreement. "I see. We need to put Mark Fischbach under a lie detector test." She says and stands up. "Why, he still was the person who did it. Although he didn't seem like himself doesn't mean he wasn't." Matt says with confidence. "He might've been under the influence of someone or something. He will be imprisoned for a while anyways."
She says and swiftly walks outside the room.
***

In another area of the police department, Mark wakes up in a chair with his wrists and ankles bound to it. He was hooked up to a lie detector test.

He struggles against the restraints until over a speaker, a voice asks "Hello Mr. Fischbach, we are going to ask you some questions."

Mark nodded an O.K.

"Do you remember what you did to your friends Sean and Matt?" The voice asks.

"No." Mark says

The detector says it was truth. The police behind one way glass behind Mark were suprised.

"Do you know what harmed them?"

"Yes, possibly."

Result: Truth

"What then?"

"A dark entity by the name of Darkiplier."

Result: Truth

The police were confused. They didn't believe him, even if the lie detector told truth.

They had to talk to Jack.

****

Off in a hospital a little while way from the police station, Jack was restrained and awake in a hospital bed.

He laughed at random things, but he didn't look as nervous as before.

He had a broken ankle, some infected wounds, and bruises.
He was being treated for all of these of course. He was also washed off.

Two police men walked into his hospital room, one with scratches on his face. He was messing with his I.V.
He winced in pain as he yanked too hard at it. He stopped.

He eyed the police men.

"What the fuck do you want?"
He asked rolling his eyes.

"We want to talk to you." one of them said. "About what?" Jack asked poking at where some stitches were. "Your captivity." Another policeman says.

Jack sits up and looks at them feircly. Then he smiles a hollow smile. "Oh memories... about being starved and abused. About sitting in darkness losing all hope." He scowls then rolls his eyes. "What the hell do you want to know?" He asks finally.

"Did Mark seem like himself?" The policemen ask together.

"No, because he wasn't. He was possessed by a demon called Darkiplier. This demon wasn't like a regular demon, no...  he was sarcastic, devil-like, and an imposter." Jack says hanging one of his legs over the hospital bed.

"Have you dealt with, Dark before?" A police man asks, emphasizing the name Dark with a weird tone.

"Yes, and another demon called Anti. They both Fucked my life up, and Mark's." The Irishman says, nearly yelling halfway through.

Passing nurses give the room a quick glance before resuming what they were doing.

A policeman felt the need to say
"I'm Harry. I hauled you away from that hell."

"The one I attacked?" Jack asked, sincerely curious. Harry nodded.

"Okay. Who's he?" Jack questioned, pointing at the policeman next to Harry. "Frank." Harry says in response.

Jack nods.

"What is going to happen to Mark, Matt, and Ryan?" he asked Harry and Frank.

"Mark will be put on trial, with Matt and Ryan as witnesses. The judge will decide what happens. No one believed Mark with the whole demon thing." Frank says.

"No, no, No! Matt won't know! He won't know! Neither will Ryan! Let me go! Let me testify!" Jack began protesting as he tugged at the restraint on one ankle and his torso.

Frank and Harry stepped back.

"They won't let you. You are considered insane." Harry says turning to the door. Jack continues yelling protests, but Harry and Frank just leave.

***
One day later
-----

It was time for Mark's trial with Ryan and Matt as witnesses. Ryan and Matt hadn't talked to eachother so they didn't know what the other would say.

Matt and Ryan dressed up in clothing that the police had given them, dress shirts and black pants.

Mark was next to a random lawer and the judge sat on the highest seat. Mark had a dress shirt and some jeans on, Matt and Ryan had no idea how he got away with that.

Matt and Ryan sat where they were supposed to and took the oath as usual.

"Mark Fischbach, how to you plead?" The judge asked.

"Guilty." Mark responded with a tear stained face. Someone told him what they assumed he did to Jack earlier that morning.

"Why so?" The judge asked. Ryan was curious too.

"I couldn't fight the Dark entity that made me harm Sean, I could've stopped him." Mark said, sniffling slightly. His lawer gave him a 'we-didn't-agree-on-this' look.

Mark didn't plan on pleading guilty earlier that day either.

"What do the witnesses say?" The judge asks Ryan and Matt.

"I think he should be guilty. He held me captive, and he held Sean captive." Matt says clearly.

"not guilty your honor, it wasn't him who did it." Ryan said with his voice a little shaky.

"Why is that?" The judge asked.

"It didn't seem like him." Ryan responded.

"Mr. Magee that isn't a valid reason. Has the jury reached a verdict?" the judge asked. Before the jury could answer, Jack ran in with Harry and Frank following him.
"Your honor, I object to any decision made so far!" Jack yelled out.