Underappreciated

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The sealed grounds, while beautiful, were also quite eery. It seemed like a place completely stopped in time.

The only sound that broke through the air, was the air head-- Groose lept from his Loftwing behind us, apparently. Soon, he'd fall to his death.

I consider not saving him.

It's a nice consideration.

"Oria, you have wings-- can you?" Link points to the red head falling from the sky, and I let out a sigh.

"I guess," I mumble, leaping up off the ground. I grab Groose by the arms and fly up to counteract his falling velocity. He's still screaming as I'm holding his arms. I contemplate dropping him.

It was a nice contemplation.

"Thank you," Groose cries, kissing my hands repeatedly as we float slowly to the ground. I recoil at his slobber, dropping him the last 8 feet. I try not to be too satisfied with the large thumping sound that occurs with his impact.

"Hey, so uh-- What are you doing here, exactly?" Link crosses his arms as Groose pulls himself together.

"Are you kidding me? Ever since Zelda vanished, you've been in and out of town in such a hurry--" Groose rises from the grass, patting himself down. Groose lifts a finger to point at me. "And then YOU! Come back in and get the whole academy worried, come to find out you got .. What, wings?! I just figured-- if I followed you two, I might find Zelda. You two spend like, every waking moment with her, anyways."

Groose looks around, and Link and I share an unamused glance at one another.

"What even is this place? Land beneath the clouds? I can't believe any of this..." Groose looks up at the cliff edges. "There's so many trees, there's TINY birds? What is all of this? Just give it to me straight, where are we? Is Zelda here?" Groose places his hands on Link's shoulders, excitedly trying to shake answers out of him.

"HEY!" The red haired lunk head finally stops shaking my best friend, intimidated by me suddenly raising my voice. "If you want answers, you need to let go of him, and shut up."

Groose suddenly sits on the ground, a small squeaking noise falling out of his lips.

"Shall I endanger him, my queen?"

"We could behead him, my queen."

"We could maim him, my queen."

I peer over my shoulder, where a few small fairies have appeared, casting angry looks at Groose.

God, it's good to be queen.

"Not necessary. Your presence is all I need." I take a deep breath, crossing my arms over my chest. "Congrats, Groose feathers. You've made it to the place of legends-- the surface. I'm sure you're familiar with the story of the great goddesses and Hylia-- the legend of the triforce."

"Yeah, studied up on it right before the big knight race." I close my eyes for a moment, trying to prevent them from rolling. He only knew the story of our history-- literally the creation of skyloft and our species-- from a week or two ago?

"This is the Sealed Grounds. Zelda is not here-" His face falls. "She was here, not very long ago, but she's got a big role to play in saving the world. Zelda she's... well, Zelda is Hylia. Reincarnated." I look over to Link, who gives a trademark grin. "And Link over there-- he's the hero of time. He's gonna be the one to fight the battle so Zelda doesn't get hurt."

"And you?"

"W-.. what?"

"What's your part? Why are you here?"