3.) Be Our Guest

A/N: Hello Lovelies! I'm finally able to write again because I actually have time now! Sorry for the super long wait, but I think you'll really like this chapter.... Or, you'll hate me... depends on how much you like drama. :)

Anywho... I'll be back on the regularly scheduled Friday updates and I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The past week has been... uneventful.

We haven't come across any life-threatening situations; and in fact, there has been an extremely small amount of Infected wondering around the property. At most, we've come across two or three a day. Sometimes, we'd only see one.

Today, however, we've seen none.

Not a single Infected has been seen or heard.

Which means one of two things...

Either the number of them is starting to dwindle down so that they are more scarce; or something else is distracting them away from our area.

I'd prefer the former of the two, but ultimately, my personal preferences don't matter.

The only thing I know for sure is that there is definitely something going on with them.

No one's left the property since last week, when we went on the supplies run to the neighborhood a few miles away. There was an eerie feeling about the place, so we all decided that we wouldn't be going back there unless it was absolutely necessary.

So, now that our supplies are starting to run low again, we need to figure out what we're going to do about it. Twelve mouths are a lot to feed and we need to figure out a way to do it before people start getting hungry and desperate.

I know, I'm making it seem like we only have one bag of Cheetos left, when in reality we probably have enough food to last a family of four about three weeks. But, divide that by three and that's how much time we have to work with before our food is diminished to only a bag of Cheetos.

One week.

That's how long we have to figure out a plan and execute it.

"I think we should try the Wal-Mart on seventh street." Sarah suggested. "Think about all of the food that they have there." Several people nodded their heads in agreement, while others shook them in disapproval.

"It'll be over-run." I point out "Big stores would have been the first places people went to when they started panicking. It'll be like a playground of rotting flesh a death." A few of the girls cringed at my analogy, but they nodded their heads in agreement. Big retail stores just weren't an option...for now.

If worse comes to worse, then I guess we won't have any other choice.

"We could try a gas station." Laura pipped up. "They're small and they have those small stores connected to them with a bunch of food."

It wasn't a bad idea. Also, we could kill two birds with one stone. We could get food and gas at the same time, instead of having to worry about getting gas at another time and place.

"That's a good idea." Joe agreed, "Unless anyone else has anything else they want to suggest I think that's our best course of action for now." No one else said anything and we all seemed to be in agreement about Laura's idea.

Gas station it was then.

Now... which one are we going to?

"Hey guys I found a map!" Katie shouted from down the hallway.