7.) Holes

A/N *in the comments* --->

"Okay, just start from the beginning and tell us everything that you know." Camila prompts Jared.

Joe quietly shuts the large dark oak door to the cozy library and I make my way over to one of the dark brown leather sofas sitting in a semi-circle around the stone fireplace.

Anthony and Kiyana sit in the love seat, while Camila sits in the reading chair and Joe sits next to Jared on the couch positioned directly towards the unlit fireplace.

There's only one other spot to sit, so I awkwardly sit on the other side of Jared, closest to Kiyana and Anthony.

I notice that Jared sits up slightly and sticks out his chest a little bit.

Okay. That's a little weird. But, whatever I guess.

He must be nervous or something.

"So," he begins in his low sexy voice. My God, this boy is gonna be the death of me. "There was apparently a breach in the security of the main wall in Greenwood. The mob from Cherry Hill followed the sounds and lights coming from there, so they all hoarded towards it and took down the main wall without much resistance on their part. The military tried to stop them, but they eventually realized that it was hopeless and they abandoned everyone else. They took all the weapons, food, and medical supplies with them. So, everyone else was left with nothing except for what was in their homes."

That would explain why Jacob and I stopped hearing gunfire after a short while. We just assumed that everyone had died, but apparently, the military had abandoned them.

"The guys and I knew that we had to get the hell out of there," He continues "So, we packed up what we could and got out of there as fast as possible." He stops and takes a deep breath, getting a distant look in his soft blue eyes as he stares into the empty fireplace. "It was awful. Since they kept all the adults at Cherry Hill, all we could see while driving out were children being mauled in the streets. A lot of them couldn't have been older than sixteen and they didn't understand that their parents weren't who they used to be. They would go running to their parents, only to be ripped to pieces by them. The sounds of their screams are something that you can't get out of your head and the images..." He mumbles something under his breath and stops talking.

Everyone in the room is dead silent and the only sounds you can hear are the muffled voices coming from the kitchen down the hall.

Jared clears his throat and shakes his head. "Sorry." He mumbles. "Um, we eventually made it out of there and we spent the night at some random house on the side of the main road. Which probably wasn't the smartest idea, but we weren't really in our right minds at the time."

That's understandable. After Emma got killed, we just slept on the side of the road in Jacob's truck. We were too exhausted and shook up to think about the danger that we were possibly putting ourselves into. We just needed to rest.

"When we woke up, the horde was passing by the house and it was humongous." He exclaimed, holding out his arms so that we could get a very broad visual of just how big the horde was. "It must have taken a least fifteen from when the first one arrived to when the last one left."

Jesus, that has to be hundreds of Infected, if not thousands.

"Where were they headed?" Joe asks. I could see the flickering panic in his eyes. And understandably so. If that horde comes for us, we're screwed.

"Away from here," Jared reassures. "I think they were headed up North."

Phew. Crisis avoided.

"Anyway," He continues. "after the horde passed us, we decided to get the hell out of there and move to a more secluded location; away from the main roads and neighborhoods. We figured it would be safer there. So, we threw everything into the car and drove about thirty minutes outside of town to a small house about five or so miles from here."