4.) Helpless

Disclaimer: This chapter contains sexual assault and a graphic rape scene. If you cannot handle this type of subject, you can skip this chapter if you want. I didn't put any vital information in it so you won't really miss anything if you skip over it. I don't intend to glamorize rape in any way, but it just flows with the plot line of the story and will have significant effects on the story later on. Sorry for the heavy subject matter, but trust me it has its purpose.

I filled up a Ziploc bag with ice and turned back around and froze in place when I saw the person who was standing in front of me.

"Hey Crest." He said in his deep masculine voice that could, at one point in time, drive me to my knees, but now only ignited fear in me. "I haven't seen you in a while."

The blood flowing through my veins turned to ice and my face paled. I became lightheaded and felt like I might pass out.

Standing right in front of me was my worst nightmare.

The person who haunted my dreams for years.

The person who, at one point in time, I loved unconditionally.

The only one who ever made me feel the type of pain and betrayal that he made me feel.

My ex.

Michael.

I tried to work up the nerve to ask him just what the hell he was doing here, or how he found me. But my throat was bone dry and I could barely get my lungs to allow me to breath, let alone work up the wind to speak.

He took a dangerous step towards me and I instinctively took a step back.

"H-How did you g-get here?" I manage stutter out in a weak pathetic voice.

He smirked devilishly and continued to take slow advances towards me. "I just so happened to stumble into this place with my friends." He said explained in his seductive low voice. "You can image how upset I was when I saw that Joe was alive..." he paused for a minute with a grimace on his face as he said Joe's name, then continued. "But, then I found out that you were alive... and I think you know how I feel about you." He chuckled evilly as he backed me into a corner.

I was trapped.

As Michael slowly approached me, my instincts told me to scream.

Scream as loud as I could for someone, anyone, to help me.

But, I couldn't. I was frozen to the spot.

Michael was now looming over me and he starred down at me with a look of disgust and lust.

I don't know how those two emotions could possibly coexist within the same person at the same time, but they did; and I could see them swirling around in his eyes.

I looked down at the cold concrete floor of the garage and avoided looking into his eyes, because I knew that if I did, he would beat me for it.

His large strong hands wrapped themselves around my slender waist tightly and I let out a whimper of fear. "P-P-Please." I inaudibly beg. Tears starting to work their way down my face.

"What was that?" Michael asked venomously, tightening his grip on my waist.

I let out another whimper and stammered out another plea, only this time, I did so a little louder. "P-Please don't hurt m-me." I was beginning to lose my composure and he knew that. He knew how to play me like a violin and he planned to bring me to the edge before he would leave me alone.

"Look at me." He demanded.

I should look at him. Everything was screaming at me to look into his deadly eyes. But I couldn't. My head was frozen in place. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.