6.) Crystal Ball

Hello, Everyone! Sorry for the late update but no more ACT, no more Finals, and the Holidays are over. I promise to finally get back to a regular updating schedule because y'all are probably starting to get pissed at me... yikes. 

Anywho, from now on I'm going to be doing Author Notes in the comment section so that my work looks a little more professional. So, whenever you see N/A make sure to click on the comments for it because that's where I'll be putting my commentary from now on.

Thanks for your patientce and I hope you enjoy this chapter! 

~*~

"Miami!" I yell out, feeling confident with my answer.

"It's LA you dummy!" Joe yells back at me, with a cocky grin on his face.

"I'm not a dummy!" I protest and throw a pillow at his head, which he deflects and throws back at me. I kick it with my right foot and it goes flying across the living room and almost knocks a picture frame from off one of the tables.

"What is Miami?" The woman on the television answers hopefully and the bell sounds off, signaling that she's correct.

"Ha!" I mock and stick my tongue out at Joe.

He flips me the bird and I just scoff under my breath. "What a sore loser." I tease and he just rolls his eyes at me and cracks a small smirk.

"I got the last two right," He points out matter-of-factly, "Don't be such a smart ass." He teases while he throws a playful glare in my direction.

"Yeah, but I got the two before that right," I counter, "So... that means I'm winning!" I smack my lips together and throw my feet up on the coffee table dramatically and Joe rolls his eyes and throws one of his crackers at me. I duck from it and it lands a few feet behind me.

"I'm not picking that up," I state and raise my eyebrows at him, expectantly.

"Yeah you are," Joe states simply and leans back in the recliner cockily.

"And just why the hell not?" I challenge, folding my arms over my chest challengingly.

"Cause I'm older." He points out, giving me a look that made it seem like his answer was obvious.

"But, somehow you're still less mature than I am..." I counter and raise an eyebrow at him, with a sarcastic smirk on my face.

"You little..." He doesn't finish his sentence and bolts up from his recliner and runs directly towards me.

I yelp and hop out of my chair and bolt out of the living room and up the stairs to my room.

I reach the top of the stairs and Joe is just about to catch me when I make a sharp turn and bolt into the first room on the right and slam it closed behind me, locking it and throwing my back against it.

I'm breathing hard and laughing my ass off at the same time; which was only making it harder to breath.

Joe was pounding on the door, "Crest, you can't hide in your room forever!" He yells playfully in between breaths.

"Wanna bet?" I yell back and slide down the door and onto the floor, finally starting to even out my breaths while still listening to Joe outside my room.

After a few moments, it becomes eerily quiet and it all of the sudden got colder. A shiver went up my spine and I called out for Joe, "Joe? Are you still there?" I listen for a response, but there is none.