Chapter 16

I scrambled with my hands to try and grab something to hold on to. But the pouring rain did not allow that to happen. As I continued to slid I looked down at the ground. Nausea swiped over me. I have never been afraid of heights but we were high up. When I fall I will most likely died before I hit the ground. I put all my strength into grabbing something. It did not work.

"Alby! Thomas!" I screamed one last time.

I looked back down at the ground and closes my eyes as my fingers went past the edge. I started to fall and then jerked to a stop.

I looked up and saw dark hands wrapped around my wrists. Alby! I took a deep breath and grabbed his wrist and tried to help him pull me up.

Once I was back on the ramp and the door was closed I was in Alby lap. I wrapped my arms around him and began to cry. I was tired of being strong for everyone.

He rubbed my back as I cried. Once I was done I sat back and saw Thomas laying a few feet from me. He was on his stomach breathing hard. I leaned forward and put my hand on his arm. He looked up and smiled at me.

"He grabbed my legs to pull you up." Alby said.

"What?"

"When I was pulling you up I began to slide. He grabbed my legs and he pulled me back."

I gave Thomas a hug and he just grunted. The normal brotherly thing. Alby helped me up and I looked around.

Not everyone made it.  Minho and Makenna were talking. Not fight in a yelling match, just talking. Surprising.

"Cranks are on the berg."

I turned around and saw that Brenda and Jorge had guns pointed at them.

"Only one can stay. Whose it going to be Thomas?" The man asked.

"What are you going to do?" Thomas asked.

"One of them is going to get thrown off the berg."

"I pick her."

The door started to opened and the wind and rain came in.

"Stop!" Jenson said pushing his way through the crowd. "Nobody is getting thrown off the ship."

He looked at me and smiled as he walk past and went to Brenda and Jorge. He said something to the man and then they took to two away.

"See you all in the morning." Jenson said and followed them.

After he left everyone settled down and began to sleep. I sat on a couch and Thomas sat  down next to me and put his head on my arm. I wrapped my other around him and he went to sleep.

I fell asleep holding Thomas. I seemed like hours that I slept and then woke to screaming and a siren.