Eight

Harry's P.O.V

          I woke up rather early so I went downstairs and got myself a cup of coffee. The sun was just coming up and I smiled to myself. When Albus went missing, I was either up all night, restless, or I would wake up as early as I did now. I wasn't allowed to work because everyone around was on his case and in case I did something drastic, my boss had to put me on leave. I didn't want to be home, I wanted to be out looking for my son so that's what I did. I drove around to his favorite places and to the local parks thinking he was hiding.

            James had come to me after a few weeks of his disappearance all upset. He told me he scared that Albus had runaway because of something he told him. That's when he disclosed to me that Albus was gay. I was shocked to say the least and to be honest, a little uncomfortable. I told Ginny who told me she'd accept our son anyway he is if that means he'd be back home safe. After that, I didn't care because she was right. I only wanted him home.

            "Harry!" A voice shrieked causing me to jump and drop my coffee.

            "Gin?!" I yelled ignoring the mess and running to go upstairs.

            "He's gone again! Albus is gone!" She shouted and my heart plummeted. I ran into his room and sure enough, the bed was vacant.

            "Did you check under the bed?" I asked getting on the floor.

            "I checked the whole top floor!" She shrieked.

            "Well he couldn't have gotten far." I muttered stupidly. "There's no sign of forced entry, his bed looks like he just left it, it-"

            "Stop being a detective and help me look for our son!" She shouted and I cursed under my breath. Just as I was gonna sprint out of the room, a call from next door stopped me.

            "He's over here." The voice said groggily. We both whipped around and Scorpius was at his window.

            "Scorpius?" I inquired quietly walking over to Albus' window. He looked like he just rolled out of bed and from what I saw, he was only in boxers. I was just about to ask how Albus got over there when I saw a board connecting to the two houses.  "What is he doing over there?"

            "He had a nightmare and came through the window late last night." He disclosed. "Usually I can get him back over there before you wake up but today is an early day I guess." He mumbled.

            "How long has this been going on? Him sneaking into your room?" I asked and he shook his gently to clear his sleepy mind.

            "Two weeks probably." He confessed.

            "Is he okay?" I asked and he nodded.

            "He's sleeping still. You woke him but I told him to back to sleep." He told me.

            "Okay."

            "Want me to bring him back?" He asked and I looked over to Ginny. She had been listening so I looked to her for an answer. She shook her head so I turned back to Scorpius.

            "No keep him there until you two wake up fully."

            "Sorry to scare you sir." He told me and I gave a small smile.

            "It's okay Scorpius, we're sorry we woke you." I told him and he smiled.      

            "See you later Harry." He told me and I nodded.