Chapter 26 - School! Even parents hate it at times

You stood on the opposite side of the kitchen bench watching Orlando eating his cereal, your eyes were fixed on him as he concentrated on eating his cereal and making pictures while grouping the cereal into clusters. Tears began to build up I your eyes as you watched him, he looked so grown up wearing is navy blue blazer over his light blue polo shirt and light grey trousers; though you thought that his uniform was a little too formal for a first grader. Then your eyes glanced over at his school bag, Erizabeta had made it especially for him, because it seemed impossible to find a school bag that was made out of strong material with olive printed material. Romano walked past and then stopped, seeing you in the corner of his eye he turned around and sighed.

Romano: tapping you on the shoulder
Your a~being creepy again a.

Orlando looked up and tilted his head with a smile as he noticed you eyeballing him; his sweet smile melted your heart and snapped you back into reality.

You: turning to Romano
Can I just homeschool him?

Romano: sighing and kissing you on the forehead
He a~wants to a~make a~friends a~besides a. (Slyly nudging up in the side) We a~get more a~time a~together a. (Wink)

You: smirking
True...

Orlando: jumping down from the seat and grabbing his bag
I don't understand.

Romano: looking up at the clock
Oh a~look at a~that a~lets get a~going to a~the bus stop a!

Orlando ran up to you and kissed you on the cheek, before grabbing Romano's hand and tugging him out the door. You watched the two run down the dirt road to the gate where they will wait for the school bus to pick up Orlando; you and Romano had decided that you shouldn't drop him off to wait for the school bus because you would be the one in tears. However this afternoon you were going to be the one to pick him up from the bus stop and showering him in kisses embarrassing him in front of all the kids on the school bus; you had all day to psych yourself up for that moment.

...

You were down in the living room cleaning it for about the fifth time this day while Romano was having a nap from the 'session' you both had about an hour ago. No matter how many things you did, day didn't seem to go any faster, you had to intensely fight yourself multiple times today to stop yourself from driving to his school and picking him up early; your life was based around Orlando and you needed him more than Tino and Lukas needed their hourly caffeine fix.
Gatoúla (kitty) brushed himself up against your legs and purred, begging for attention; you picked up the fully grown fluffy grey cat and thought about Orlando's first birthday. You then thought of what Greece would do, well that wasn't exactly very difficult to ponder of what he would do, either take a nap or 'get romantic' with someone, you wondered if Romano was interested in a second round. You placed Gatoúla (kitty) down and walked upstairs to see if Romano was up for it, you wished Feliciano or Seborga was here, but they were off doing their own thing. So trying to have another baby which you have been trying for over four years was the only thing constructive that you could do sense all the housework was completed hours ago.

...

It was finally time, you waited by the gate anxiously and so full of enthusiasm that you could break out dancing; you remember learning about this dance that Kiku showed you last week when you were in Japan, he said it was call Caramelldansen. Actually you were sure that you could find the music to the dance on your phone and do it will Orlando gets off the bus, that would be a fantastic idea too, he would be too humiliated to ever go back to school. As soon as you reached your hand into your pocket to grab your phone you saw the school bus coming up the road, you completely forgot what you had planned and stood there motionless with a creepy smile drawn across your face. The bus pulled up in front of you and the door slides open, you looked at the elderly bus driver who was focusing the rear view mirror and yelling at the kids in Italian; he reminded of the one you grew up with, except you grew up with one that yelled in English and in a raspy voice. Orlando jumped down the stairs and onto the dirt ground, running straight to you and turning around to wave goodbye and yelling thank you to the bus driver who ignored him and drove away. That clearly didn't wet Orlando's happiness as he spun around in front of you cheering and kissing you on the cheek multiple times.
You took hold of Orlando's small hand and you both walked back up the dirt road to the house.

Orlando: smiling
Mamma I made a friend!

You: smiling
That sounds fantastic my little olive.

Orlando: looking at his necklace
Si! They had a matching necklace to mine, so these are our friendship necklaces. Can they come over to play tomorrow, but you will need to ask their dad tomorrow after school.

You: focusing on his cheerfulness
Yeah, I would love to come pick you up tomorrow and meet your friend. (Thinking about what he said before that) Did you say they had a matching necklace?

Orlando: letting go of your hand because he can see Romano
Si! (Half way to Romano) Papá!

You stood there for a few seconds and thought about what he said, you decided that you had to go and meet this man who might know Giovanni and be apart of the Mafia, but you shouldn't tell Romano about your suspicions yet.

==================================================================================

Thank you for reading!

~BlueTimeFly
(Caramelldansen just for the sake of it!)