Chapter 41 - Your diagnosed with what?

Romano: whispering into your ear
Is something a~wrong a?

You sighed and rubbed his hand that was resting on the table, you both were at a world meeting and Orlando was finally back at school again after all the sudden deaths last month.

You: whispering back
I'm fine, lets just listen.

He gave a small nod and proceeded with listening; the meeting was abnormally low key and calm, you suspected that most nations were still grieving. Most subjects seemed to have been resolved and agreed on too easily, it was almost frightening. Everyone seemed to be drained of life and just sat at the table like robots, no personality, no light in their eyes; out of character. Something must have been in the air, because you too weren't acting like or feeling like your usual self; granted you were shook up be the deaths, but you haven't been able to make yourself eat for the past few days. Everyone in your household was eating normally, even Orlando now, but not a signal morsel of food has gone past your lips in days; you forced food down but it came straight back up within minutes. Living in a house full of Italians naturally they were freaking out and worried over the fact that you weren't able to hold down food, after all food is such a huge cultural deal to them; eat when sad, eat when happy, eat whenever, eat cause Italy has amazing cuisine. Your lack of nutrition was making you malnourished and suffered from mild fatigue, surprisingly you were also losing weight really fast and didn't understand how this was possible.

Arthur: voice filled with concern
_____?

You were snapped out of your thoughts and looked up at British man who had an eyebrow cocked up looking at you, all the other nations were also starring at you.

Arthur: focusing on you
Love, I've seen that poorly completion on your face once before.

Mathias: chiming in
Remember when you found out you were pregnant with Orlando, elsker (love) you look as sick as that again.

Arthur: growling at Mathias
That's what I was hinting at, she looked that way too when she found out about A-- (he stopped himself and sighed)

All the nations looked away from Arthur with heavy eyes and then looked over at you, blank faces stared at you and then you turned to look at Romano.

Romano: widen eyed
Is a~there something a~I a~should a~know a?

Was everyone hinting to you that they thought you were pregnant? Your second child just passed away over a month ago, how disrespectful would you seem if you had another baby on the way; It'd be like you were replacing Abree.

You: monotoned
I'm not expecting, I've just been a little ill lately, th--

A sudden wave of nausea hit you and cut you off, leaving you to quickly wrap your hand around your mouth and jump up from the seat. As you ran out of the room you heard a pair of shoes follow after you which was most likely Romano's, but people began to whisper and disappointed sighs were heard; you had no idea who was saying them, but you had bigger issues to worry about right now.

"Can't Romano control himself, they just lost a child"

"Seems like someone doesn't understand repercussions, should of used protection"

"How disrespectful, are they trying to replace Abree?"

...

How could this have happened? Why couldn't it have been something as simple as being pregnant? Actually being pregnant straight after your child's death would have been considered a walk in the park compared to this. Your world is ruined, it's completely and utterly destroyed; God only knows how badly you wanted the doctor's diagnosis to be incorrect. How were you going to tell them? This will break everyone's hearts; maybe if you took the treatments in secret and successfully healed no one will ever need to know.

Romano: opening up the car door for you
So a? How did a~it a~go a?

You slid into the car and closed the door, pulling over your seat belt and sighing as soon as the buckle 'clicked'.

You: fake smiling
Um, well the doctor said I just had a small cold, which has bit of a stomach bug involved. So basically everything is all good, but I'll come back next week to just get a check up.

Romano: driving out of the car park
That's a~good a~news a!

It's not that good, it was a lie; something that was constructed in your mind to spare Romano from the truth. Only if that simple little scenario you constructed just then straight off of your head was real, you wouldn't be feeling like you just lied to someone you love. Only if you remember to go to your annual check ups, but you have forgotten to do that for the past three years; your father was right. Were you really going to meet the same end as your mother? She passed away when you were in your mid teens, but will you last that long for Orland or die before he is around ten. NO! Your not going to give up that easily, your going to do the treatments in secret and WILL recover, so no one needs to stress out over this 'little bump in the road'. After all people do survive this, it's humanly possible, but what if you don't? Should you try to start ticking things off your bucket list? You don't have a bucket list, everything you could already want in life is already achieved. Please don't let this issue drive you crazy, all you need to do is act cool and composed; life will fix itself if you just don't over react. Just why now did you need to be diagnosed with...

.... Kidney Cancer...

==================================================================================

Meh? Not feeling 100% about this chapter, not really sure what I could do to.

Thank you for reading!

~BlueTimeFly