Chapter 7: The Strip

"GODDAMMIT! WILL SOMEONE GET THE FREAKING DOOR?!"

I jerk awake at the sound of Celine's voice a few doors down. True enough, the chime of the doorbell was unrelentlessly ringing. I had no doubt everyone was awake. I kick the covers off me and padded barefoot to the door. I yawned and rubbed my eyes as I turned the knob. I blink a few times before groaning.

"Mother of - YOU HAVE A KEY, KATE!" I growled at my sister as I went back in. She grins at me as she opens the door wider for Ash who was hauling their bags in. I contemplated in helping him but, nah. My pain in the ass of a sister bummed me out enough.

Kate had a nice tan on as she wore a yellow Sundress and a big white hat. She seemed much happier too, the stress and wrinkles in her face gone.

The rest of my sisters were up and out of their rooms as well except for Celine who had a ritual of sleeping in on weekends. The twins start to dig in Kate's bags.

"Where the hell are our souvenirs?" Jamie and Janie yells.

Kate kneeled beside them and held some shirts that said I ♥ Hawaii. I gave Ash a man hug.

"How you doing? Not filing for a divorce yet?" I joke as I pour the both of us some coffee.

He laughs and shakes his head. "Your sister might be crazy but I love her enough to handle her."

I hand him a mug and he murmurs a thanks. "Just make sure to pop some Advil when you get those migraines you ought to have around her."

"I'll take that in mind." He grins.

I go back down the hall to my room and fire up my laptop. As I wait for it to load, I check my phone. A grin stretches on my face as I open a message.

From: Katherine A.

Good Morning, bad boy. You up and kickin? x

I type a quick reply, Yep. Kate just got back from her honeymoon. xx

Turning back to my work at hand and proof read the first chapters of my sequel. My eyebrows begins to burrow as I feel something is missing. It felt empty, there wasn't enough emotions to keep the story going. My phone buzzes, indicating a text.

Ooohh, already? x

Yeah, too short for peace and quiet.. xx

I smiled to myself. I looked back once again and felt everything click inside my head. I began typing furiously. The story line might alter with what I had to add but I remained unfazed and focused. Like my book, it was I had been missing all my life.

~*~

It was a peaceful day. My mom had a book club to attend to, Dad had to meet a new client, Cole was waiting tables at the diner, Collin was teaching a bunch of seven-year-olds Soccer, and Connor was taking his shift at a music shop. So being the jobless me, I was out with my best friends, spending money.

We had spent three hours of my morning at the mall, skipping to shop after shop. By twelve o' clock, Gab put his foot down for the food court. The aircondition was a comfort for a hot day like today. After we spent a hundred dollars for food (Gab's treat), we decided to just hang out and sit while we waited for the food to go down.

Ella flicked her hair back and grinned at me deviously. "How're things with Mr Hot Guy?"

Gab grins at Ella from beside me, he leans over the table, mocking her. "I'm right here, Ella. You could ask me yourself."