Chapter 19: Bad Sitcom

Two hours before the dinner, Eric's sisters and I stepped out of the salon, all buffed and ready to go. Having changed into our respective dresses, we spot the fancy van that Eric leaned onto. He looked especially hot in his neatly pressed dress pants, black button up shirt, and black pinstriped jacket. His hair was barely tamed, giving off a ragged touch. The sisters all wore modest but slightly intimidating dresses, the twins decided on dresses that had similar designs but different colors. Kate wore something more body-hugging since she will be too big to wear any more of it in a few months.

Of course, they all reserved the much more elegant outfit for me. They picked out a strapless corset dress that hit a little ways below the middle of my thigh. Its rich red color contrasted my skin tone. The corset pushed my boobs up and was so tight I had a little trouble in breathing. The skirt clung to me perfectly and doesn't ride up. I would have picked a much less revealing dress but the sisters reminded me the vixen would wear a bikini if possible.

The Christian Louboutin shoes on my feet brought a different level to 'killer heels'. With it, I think I gained a whole foot in height. If not, maybe six inches. The odd thing was, it was comfortable. The sales lady said something about 'sole cushioning system' and that meant it cost a whole awful lot. Thankfully, my make up just consisted of winged Kohl, mascara, and heavy red lipstick. My hair drifted down smoothly on my back with natural looking curls.

It was gratifying yet, at the same time embarrassing to see Eric's stumped expression. His eyes popped up wide, mouth agape. He made me feel self conscious. His sisters smiled widely, a smile of triumph, at him.

"Close your mouth, Eric." Bonnie smirked.

"Kinda hard when you're staring at a goddess, Bonnie." He smiled cheekily at his sister, before turning his attention back to me. "Who are you and what did you do to my girl?" his eyes slightly narrowed in a playful, teasing way.

I manned up and smirked with confidence. "My fairy godmothers materialized, armed with a borrowed Amex card instead of a magic wand, and got me an overdue upgrade."

His sisters giggled as Eric's lips descended on mine. "They put my card to good use."

I raised an eyebrow. "You sure? You did spend a lot on me. I probably set you back a thousand dollars."

He grinned, reminding me I missed him so much. "Seeing the result, I'd only be more than happy to buy you the whole mall."

I smacked his arm playfully. He swiped another kiss before Nathalia handed Eric a red tie. She smiled, "To match your Aphrodite."

He smirked down at me, making me blush harder. "Aphrodite, huh?"

I roll my eyes, "Oh, shut up and let me tie your tie."

His eyes narrowed once again, suspicious. "You aren't going to choke me to death, right?"

"Don't give me any ideas." I mumble distractedly. Once I finished, we both take up the very back of the van. The driver, who I remembered that day we came back from Amsterdam, slowly pulled away, heading down the road.

I couldn't help but notice Eric's rigid and guarded stance. It amazed me that Eric doesn't go about things in the normal way a guy would. His sensitivity and empathy towards me is by all means outstanding. Not much men takes time to think like a girl for a girl. They usually either think with their other head or do serious shit that they thought would solve a problem.

But then again, he grew up with eight women. He had a good head start in peeking through the female mind.

The restaurant was on the outskirts of town. It is one of the most frequently visited restaurant here. La Gondola serves mainly french and Italian cuisine. Most people come here for graduations, birthdays, and receptions, but on nights like these, the restaurant is filled to the brim by couples.