Chapter 12: The Dutch Boy

When we landed in the busy Schiphol Airport, the first thing that popped into my mind was to take a picture. Ella, Gabriel, my brothers and Eric all rolled their eyes at me.

"Don't be such party poopers! I'm a photographer, its in my job description." I tell them as I fished the digital camera Mom and Dad bought me last year out of my pocket. It was much less bulky and easy to carry but I still preferred my DSLR.

They all groaned in sync as I smirked. Eric massaged his jaw, "We did nothing in the plane but take pictures, Katherine. My jaw hurts from smiling! Now I know why no one wants to sit with you."

I pout. Gab claps his back, giving him a sympathetic smile. "I feel you, brother. I had to sit with her last year. Good luck on the flight back, it'll be much worse."

Eric threw his head back and groaned, I roll my eyes. "Come on! A couple of pictures is all I am asking for. Now, compress!" I positioned the camera so I would be in the shot too. Eric looked at me exasperatedly but smiled nonetheless.

After our little photo-op, we wheeled our suitcases to the taxi stands. Eric had his other arm around my waist, following my brothers.

"We can't fit into one cab so we'll have to split. Does anyone of you knows how to speak Dutch?" Gab says, he was usually our translator. When your family owns a big company almost everywhere around the globe, you apparently have to be a walking Google translator.

"Don't worry, I can speak Dutch." Eric pipes in.

I turn to him, eyebrows raised. He shrugs. Well, he did invite us to Amsterdam, its makes sense he knows Dutch. Eric tells the driver of the taxi the address and instructs the other driver to tail us. After the boys stuffed our belongings in the trunk, we slowly set off.

Amsterdam was gorgeous, especially if you had the window seat. Cole was our third wheel, he was hell bent on following dad's orders that he keep an eye on me as we step foot in Amsterdam.

We weaved through the busy streets, the little shops running along the sidewalk, the canals that Eric and I must take on when we get the chance to be alone. It was beautiful. After an hour or so, we came to a stop in front of a big house. I stared open mouthed as I took it in. If he had this for a vacation house, what did his house back home looked like?

Unlike the houses we passed by, this house was Victorian styled with only a hint of Dutch influence.

"Sluit je mond, misschien vliegen in te krijgen." Eric murmured in my ear.  

I snap my head towards him in confusion. Eric grinned down at me and kissed my nose. "I said, 'Close your mouth, flies might get in it'."

I popped my mouth back up and blinked. "What does your house back home looks like when you have this?"

Grinning, he handed me my suitcase and shrugged. "Big. You have to understand, I have eight sisters."

I bit my lip as I thought it out, well, he does have a big family.. Collin let out a low whistle. He turned to Eric, "Dang it, man. It screams money!"

Eric smiled as he produced a key from his jacket pocket. He pushed the double doors wide open, the rest of us shared a look.

If the outside was nice and screaming money, the inside was practically screaming 'millionaire'. The wide space was all marble, shiny and spotless. At the opposite of it held glass sliding doors that opened to an Olympic-sized pool. At each side held staircases with iron railings. Beside each staircases were two rooms on either side of it. Up the ceiling hangs not one, not even two, but three beautiful chandeliers.