Chapter 20: Humble Abode

Winning commenter from the last chapter: @mussukaa

Tip to win next chap: Guys, I love long comments.

Shout out to: @awesomeness_isthekey, @ikiya5 and @daniak01

I LOVE YOU GUYS! and then please read the Author's note at the end, its very important.

On with the show!

Chapter 20: Humble Abode

"You know something we haven't done that we should have by now?" Katherine asked.

We were enjoying the California sun in her backyard, laying on the grass under the shade of an apple tree. It was that kind of day where the wind brushed against you, keeping you cool against the heat; the kind of day that was so perfect you won't change it for the world.

Katherine lay in my arms, her eyelids closed, the long lashes spreading on her cheeks, a smile etched on her pink lips. Her hair fanned on the grass, green to red. I smile.

I could get used to this.

"Hmm, sex?" I tease her.

As expected, Katherine sits up abruptly hitting my chest. She gasps, "Eric! Seriously?"

I tilt my head to the side. Her hair hung like a curtain on her shoulder. "Last time I checked, you were so eager." I smirked, "Want me to go get the box of condoms in your room?"

She flush but frowns, unconsciously jutting out her bottom lip and furrowing her eyebrows. "I thought you got rid of them."

I shrugged. I almost did get rid of the box, but around Katherine, I had to be careful. Having someone as aggressive as Katherine while making out, God knows how long I can resist her. No matter what she sees, I'm still a guy. Physical attraction was not new to me, as embarrassing to admit it. I knew that Katherine should be handled with care. After what she went through, she wasn't fully ready. She may tell me she does, but what if we were really doing it and she has her panic attacks? I have only seen it once, and in that one second, I though the worst scenario. And I couldn't let that happen.

"A 'just in case'. I never know what happens next with you, baby doll." I say sincerely.

She rolls her eyes and leans back as I push myself into a sitting position in front of her. "As I was saying...?"

"Saying what?"

She rolls her eyes again and mutters something along the lines of 'to hell with it', then she turns to me. "Is there, by any chance, that your girlfriend can see your humble abode?"

My eyes widened and I made an 'o' on my mouth. Then I looked at her seriously. "Are you sure? I don't want you freaking out like the time you saw the house in Amsterdam."

"Eric, house is when there's three or two bedrooms, a kitchen, bathrooms, and living room. That one in Amsterdam is a freaking mansion."

I thought about it for a minute, "Okay, so what comes next after 'freaking mansion'?" I ask.

She shrugged, "Motherfucking mansion?"

I fake gasp, humoring her. "Katherine Ambers, you and your lack of creativity!"

She laughs and flips her hair back. "What can I say, I am so talented I don't even have to try. It comes to me naturally."

"Well, if you really want to see my home, get yourself ready for a motherfucking mansion." I grin.