thirteen.

FIRE BREATHER.
013. | ❛ important matters.

"A protector?" Seraphina asked dusting herself off looking at Alessandra who held her posture nicely

"A protector?" Seraphina asked dusting herself off looking at Alessandra who held her posture nicely. She stormed over to her brother, looking at him face to face in a rage. "Dear brother, for the last time I don't need someone else's protection. I am the last person that needs protection. I am a SHIELD agent. I am the Queen of Dragons!"

"And as the Queen of Dragons, you have a bigger target on your back now that you've regained your memories, Lady Seraphina. I was built and train to protect the one and only fire dragon and I've been aware of the enemies that can lurk in the dark. From a small age I've been trained for this moment and I don't seek to disappoint you." Alessandra kept a calm tone still maintaining her stance. "I pledge my life to the fire dragon, whatever she asks, commands, or pleads I will fulfill. I will defend her from any threat and if I ever fail to accomplish the goal then I no longer will be your protector. I pledge my life to you my queen." Alessandra kneeled down on one knee bowing her head to Seraphina, who was a little appalled by her devotion to her.

Seraphina didn't even know what to say to someone who was willing to die for her. Alessandra was born to defend her, her spirt reincarnated into another every time she died. A protector is as important as the dragon itself, providing protection and undying loyalty to him or her. Their skills are ten times effective then a simple soldier on Asgard, protectors were always training because the highest honor is to serve a dragon. Or in Alessandra's case the Queen of Dragons.

"I then crown you, protector of the fire dragon and protector of dragons." Seraphina said. "And as our first mission, we are to return to Earth. I have a lot of important matters I have to attend to down there."

___________

AVENGERS TOWER

"It's been days Buck, what if she never comes back? What if she left forever?" Steve kept punching until his anger threw the punching bag across the room. Punching it wasn't the problem, he didn't even feel the pain that came from hitting it. Working out was the only way he could think about Seraphina's whereabouts and imagine what could drive her to leave. He fell to his knees in desperation, his heart ached like a million people stab him all at once.

"Steve, she'll come back. Perhaps she's in Asgard, fixing some goddess crap."

"Language." Steve uttered softly to Bucky who held a smile at Steve's catchphrase.

"Depressed and you still can't let that go." Bucky said patting him on the back, lifting Steve up and hugging him for the comfort feeling. They patted each other on the back, "She'll come back. No matter what she'll always come back to you, buddy."

After Steve's 'training' session and Bucky's pep talk to him, he wanted to be alone. Seraphina's disappearance wasn't something he was taking lightly, it wasn't like Peggy's death but it hurt the same amount. Instead of heading to his room, he head to Seraphina's room where they spent their night together. He stood in the doorway not wanting to step in because it would just bring a wave of emotions. It was even difficult for Steve to stand in the doorway, thinking of what initiated their night together.

"It's a present for tonight. I'm planning on wearing my red sexy lingerie tonight, just to give you a heads up."

He took a step forward bracing himself for the memories that would come back, especially those of the night that she disappeared. When Steve woke up to a missing Seraphina, he didn't attempt to touch anything in Seraphina's room holding onto the sentiment of the night. The only thing that Tony gave him was the red robe that Seraphina had in her wardrobe, one that enticed Steve to the fullest. It was brought to him being the only evidence that Seraphina left behind but a robe itself couldn't bring any explanation as to why she would leave.

The red robe laid on the bed gracefully like the person who wore it. Steve picked it up, bringing the robe to his nose still being able to smell her perfume that covered the whole robe.

"Don't you remember that we have unfinished business?"

"Yes, we do have unfinished business Seraphina. You're the love of my life and you can't seem to make your way back to me." He whispered into the robe placing it once again on the bed and roaming her room. The only thing salvaged from the date was the rose that Steve gave to her which was dropped in front of the bed. On her desk, he printed out a picture, well Friday did of the two of them smiling and the rose was perfectly placed onto of it. Steve wanted Seraphina to have a memory of their first date but she didn't seem to want to come home.

Alarms started ringing, blaring red all over with Friday announcing a threat in the building. Steve launched himself into action following Friday's direction to where the threat was. Most Avengers found each other on the way and decided to enter together with arms in hand. Opening the doors, the Avengers approached a dark haired woman who was holding someone in her arms. Steve didn't even need the woman to turn around to know it was Seraphina, without the Avengers he ran towards the young woman who held Sera.

"What's wrong with her? Did you do this to her?" Steve questioned the woman taking Seraphina away from her, wrapping his arms under her knees and holding her head up.

"She's drained from her element. This has never happened before to any dragon because The Queen of Dragons holds the most energy than any other dragons. She started to feel ill during the trip and did my best to hurry our way down to Midgard. My Lady Seraphina needs the hottest fire to replenish her energy source." The mysterious woman spoke following Steve who was rushing to the medical center.

But she was stopped by the others who held her back, identifying her as a threat to the dragon. "You have to let me through, Lady Seraphina needs my help." She kept trying to budge through everybody who was holding her back. She knew that this was her family and wouldn't want to hurt any of them or she'd suffer the consequences of Lady Seraphina.

"Who are you? Where you the one who kidnapped Seraphina?" Tony asked her when a smile appeared on her face, Tony got the wrong message. "What did you do to her?"

"Nothing at all, you're the tin man that she talked about. I can see why she admires you."

"You still didn't give me your name and why you're here." Tony emphasized strongly with force while the woman answered the man's question.

"My name is Alessandra. I'm the fire dragon's protector aka, Lady Seraphina. Now if you would please let me go I need to makes sure that The Queen of Dragons is still alive."

⎡ ❝She talks about all of you so highly, it must be nice to have a family like that.❞⎦
alessandra

__________
[author note]

sorry for the wait but I'm sure that updates will start getting slower because I am after school clubs and a bunch of hw but I'll never leave you without your fire breather.

perhaps I'll make alessandra have a love interest? can you guess which one? or have any recommendations?

seraphina's sick! or is it something else?