12.Waiting room & news💗

I got home after visiting Shawn at the hospital. I cried a lot and my parents tried to comfort me. My sister was also crying. I called Shawn in the night but he told not to worry about him , I don't know how I'm gonna do this but I'll be fine.

The next Monday I went to school and everybody already knew about the accident. Of course they knew, it was all over the news. Shawn Mendes got a car accident in our hometown. The day was hard but I got trough it. After school I went to the hospital. The nurse told me Shawn needed surgery, that he's not going very well.

I got into the room and Shawn was still sleeping. He didn't seemed to be okay at all. He was plugged in those machine and had a thing on his mouth to help him breath.

I started crying and took his hand. He woke up and took off this thing that helped him breath and said "hey babe". He put back the thing on his mouth. I said it back. He saw that I was crying and opened his arms to tell me to lay beside him. I did it. I was really sad that he was not going well but I was happy to finally be back in his arms.

Me: Shawn I finish school in two weeks.., I'll take care of you I promise.

He smiled to answer. I could feel how tired he was. I asked if he wanted me to let him sleep. He took the thing that help him breath off,"No babe I want you here I'll sleep better if you're by my side" he said. He put the thing back and closed his eyes. I couldn't sleep, I just looked at him get asleep.

Two hours later, the nurse got in the room and told me I had to stay out for an hour. I kissed my boyfriend on the forehead and left.

I slept in the waiting room. An hour later the nurse came back to talk to me.

"He just had surgery so you won't see him for three days cause he needs to rest, his mom will be there and take care of him. M. Mendes will call you to give you some news and maybe if he's not able her mom will call you." -she said
"But he is okay right?"-I said
"Yeah but he needs to rest"-she said
"Can I see him today before I leave"
"No, sorry "
"Okay"

Then I left the hospital.

I went back home and was really stressed out. I did my homework and went to bed early. I listened to Shawn music and watched picture of him ... I felt ankward doing it tho because the last time I did it he didn't know me.. Anyways.

The three following days were hard but I knew I'll get news soon. In the middle of a school day I was asked to the principal office. I went and he gave me the phone. I answered.

Nurse: hey Sara I'm a nurse from the hospital and I wanted to give you some news about M. Shawn Mendes.
Me: I'm listening.
Nurse: the surgery went.. Better then we tough it would be.
Me: what does that even mean??
Nurse: that means everything is okay. He got the medical attention he needed and now we tough he would rest for three days but turns out it's gonna be two weeks..
Me: wait but what happened?
Nurse: nothing. Listen, the medication we gave him was really strong, yeah and his system had difficulty to react correctly to this medication. His gonna be alright he just needs to rest. You can come to the hospital to see him but he's really tired. He can't answer to you but he can see and hear you. He can move but like I said he's really tired.
Me: can you tell him I'm coming tonight , please.
Nurse: of course. I'll tell him. Goodbye.
Me: goodbye.