22. A new friend💗

This morning I woke up and got ready to go to my doctor's office because I have some test to do to see if I'm ready to go back to school. Which I really want.

My mom gave me a lift to go to the hospital but couldn't stay because she has to work.

-bye honey! Text your dad when you need a lift back. It's going to be fine honey
-I Know mom, later.
-ok later.

I enter in the big hospital and waited until they call my name. I knew it was going to be long so I listened to music which I didn't do for a long time.
I put on one headphone and put my favorite playlist on shuffle. Then a tear ran down my cheek when I realized the last time I listened to this playlist I was still a fan on Shawn.. And never be alone was playing.

"Well that was a lie Shawn" I thought.. I'm alone.

I took off my headphone and then they called my name at room six.

•••

The doctor took a look at me while I was sitting in front of him.

D: how are you today Sara ?
S: I feel a little bit better.
D: that's great. You're going to take a few test and then we will decided if you are ready to go back to school, you really got better and I think you could. We'll see.

•••

Three hours later Iva passed all my tests and I was in the office of my doctor and was waiting for him. After a couple of minutes he entered. He sat in front of me and looked closely at the papers on his desk and finally said

-look like we have some good news
-I'll be able to go to school?
- yes but you'll still have your private teacher because you'll miss school to do tests and therapy.
-ok.

He gave me a paper that says I was okay to go to school and explaining to my principal at school so I can be dismissed when I have to go to the hospital.

-thank you , I said.
-you're welcome.
•••

Two days later I was going back to school and I couldn't wait. I just want to be a normal kid. I don't want people to say "she's Shawn Mendes girlfriend"  or "she's the sick girl" anymore.

I prepared my things and took my school bag. I waited for the bus outside my house.

I arrive at school and went to my first class. Everything was going really well .. And then the teacher said:

"Ok so now you are going to team up with a person and prepare an oral on something that makes you happy"

I looked everywhere and wondered if someone would come to me. A girl with blonde hair and blue eyes came up to me
-do you wanna be with me
-yes of course
She smiled and sat beside of me.
-my name is Emma
-Nice to meet you I'm Sara.
-nice to meet you

We started our project that we decided to talk about music. And then she said
-I'm going to a party Friday, do you want to come with me?
-yes!
We gave each other our number and she told me she'll text me.

I passed the rest of the day with her and she was really nice to me. We had some classes together but not all. I'm so glad I have a new friend.