Chapter 19

"Are you even thinking, Alden? You dumped Madi over a woman who dumped you seven years ago!?"

Alden answered in a hush tone, “Mom please keep it low. She’s just upstairs, anytime ay magigising na siya”

He missed his flight to Europe yesterday because his alarm went off and there was a traffic jam due to an accident on his way to the airport.

He was advised to call his travel agent so he can get on to the next available flight but he changed his mind. He felt like something was pulling him back so he decided to go home.

And he was thankful na hindi natuloy iyon. It was like fate find a way to bring him and Lianne back together. 

When he saw her running to him and when her soft body crushed into his, in that instant he saw their future, he saw a wonderful life together. And right in that moment, he swore nothing and no one will keep them apart.

Dahil masyado ng gabi para umuwi pa ito, he asked her to stay. The guest room was set for her to sleep in but she insisted they stay together. He agreed because he wanted to spend every second with her at sulitin ang mahabang panahon na hindi sila nagkasama.

Lianne joined him in his old room and shared the same bed. They stayed up late just talking, kissing, cuddling and nothing more. They spent their night catching up with the lost times.

“Okay” Rio lowered her voice, sitting down on the chair next to him.

“Think about this.. Sino ang tumulong sa’yo nung mga panahong naghihirap ka? Si Madi hindi ba? She gave you the right connections to make you one of the top models here. She asked her dad para kuhanin ka ng talent management ng network nila. She also convinced you to act and look at you, isa ka nang recognized at award-winning actor. You are a star”

“Mom—”

She interrupted. “Alden you are indebted to her, hindi mo ba naiisip yon?”

He paused from sipping his coffee, “My determination and talent took me to where I am right now”

“Oo tama ka but you must not forget that she helped you reach that position”

He put down his cup of coffee and stared at the warm liquid.

“Hindi ko ho nakakalimutan yon and I am grateful for everything she has done for me”

“And that’s how you show your gratitude? Sa kabila ng mga nagawa niya para sa’yo iniwanan mo siya at ipinagpalit sa ibang babae”

He closed his eyes as he put his thumb and index finger on the bridge of his nose, he felt a steady throbbing in his head.

He already expected his mom would react sa paghihiwalay nila ni Madi at sa pagbabalikan nila ni Lianne.

“Mom you knew from the start that she doesn’t have my heart” he said the words gently so as not to sound argumentative.

“Natutunan mo sana siyang mahalin if only you had set your heart and mind to it. She’s beautiful, nice, sweet, generous, educated and she came from a good family. Siya ang babaeng para sa’yo” may diin na sabi nito.

“I tried to.. I really did” Alden shook his head. “Pero sa umpisa pa lang ng relasyon namin, I’ve come to realized she’s not the kind of woman I need in my life”

“Bakit?” direktang tanong ng kanyang ina.

“Because she’s immatured and stubborn. She never think about the future, she just wanted to have fun. Madi is not even thinking of getting a career or a job kaya hanggang ngayon umaasa lang siya sa magulang niya. There are times she’ll lie to me if she wanted to just to go to parties and be with her wicked friends. She gets jealous with no apparent reason. Halos lahat ng mga nakaka-loveteam o nakaka-eksena ko pinagseselosan niya. We’re not new in this industry kaya dapat naiintindihan na niya ang nature ng trabaho ko. Sometimes she’s too controlling and possessive that I feel like suffocating. And no matter how many times I pointed out those things to her, hindi pa rin siya nagbabago” mahabang paliwanag niya.